Random Dog chat thread - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 15-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Gold Star Member
Default Random Dog chat thread

As the cat lovers have one then why shouldnt the dog lovers

for those who dont know this is my chap, Harry

Hes a rottweiler cross Staffy and i got him as a rehome from a young couple who kept him locked in a kitchen most his life.

When i got him they stated he had 'always scratched his ears like that' and it was nothing to worry about. The next day he had his vet check and turned out he had suffered from an ear infection for many many months, more than likely most of his life.

He is a year and half old, and is the gentlist dog i ever known and the only issues im having at the moment is the obsessive licking of his feet which the vet said theres nothing wrong with his feet and its just a psycological issue more than likely due to spending so long alone locked away and bored before i got him.

Ive had him about 6 months now and hes my spoilt baby and has responded very very well to training and has put on weight since i got him too!

Harry Rocks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Posting Deity
Send a message via Yahoo to Amalthea

Well, I have recently found myself to be a Mommy to a itty bitty dog My name's Jen (for those that don't know) and my pooper pie is Diesel (again for those that don't know)...

Here he is:

Walking the cat *giggles*

Interested in sugar gliders? Join www.sugar-glider.co.uk!! It's a wonderful UK based glider forum full of loads of info and a great group of people willing to answer any question you may come up with

Old 15-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Gold Star Member

aww how cute is he!!!

after my old dog died i decided to give it a while until i got a new doggy and harry is just perfect!

Harry Rocks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Posting Deity

I haven't had a dog for a few years now, as when we lost the last one our home circumstances were not right to bring in another one, but I hope to have one again in the future - a bit like you Mush.

I'm happy to join in the thread, if only to 'join in' based on past experiences, cos I love to chat about animals and, apart from snakes, my knowledge is mainly concerning dogs, cats and rabbits and more recently rats.

However, if nobody minds I'd like to post photos of the dogs I've owned.

This is me and my first dog, Jason, a labrador on our honeymoon (there was a husband there too of course! )

Then I got this one - Tara, my black masked gold Afghan Hound:

The day I brought her home and later as an adult with my son

My next one was Zorah, a black/tan/silver Afghan Hound as a puppy and a grown up:

Then my last dog, Leo, my GSD as a pup and a grown up

This is Rhana, a blue Afghan youngster - he wasn't mine, but he lived with me for a few years when his owner wasn't around.

And these are 2 GSDs I used to look after for a friend in Edinburgh (along with his 24 cats, 13 chickens and pondful of fish every year when he went away on holiday.

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Old 15-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Ultra Citizen

This is emmy shes just over a year old, she happiest when shes having cuuddles and loves people coming to visit!!
Were having issues with her barking atm tho

Old 15-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Ultra Citizen

What a great idea for a thread!
Harry's just gorgeous, kudos for giving him a loving home. Hopefully he'll learn to leave his feet alone.
Jen, Diesal is so cute! Look at that puppy tummy!
Feorag, great to see those pictures, stunning afghans.
And Emma has such a cute squishy kissy nose!
Old 15-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Ultra Citizen

Here's my beloved and much missed old girl, Ellie. She was a lab/collie x pit/lab. A total family dog, a bit over keen on home protection so needed a lot of training, but 100% around other dogs with a special love of puppies, always playing very gently with them. She had a series of CVAs over the last year and had to be put to sleep in January.
I'll always miss her, she gave me nearly 14 years of total devotion
Old 15-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Ultra Citizen

And here's my 7 month old bedlington/whippet, Rosie. A total joy, she's a happy little monster, she loves everyone and every dog she meets. I can't believe how fast she is, I just love taking her out for a run.
Old 15-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Posting Deity

3 more gorgeous dogs. DiamondLil - I live less than 5 miles away from Bedlington, so see a few Bedlington Terriers about and of course it's 'whippet country' up here in the north east! My friend had a Bedlington years ago at the same time as I had my Afghans and I loved her to bits and she could keep up with the Afghans. Without seeing your dog, I could see where a bedlington/whippet cross would be quite attractive, compared to some and Rosie is! And I've no doubt she's fast!

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Old 15-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Gold Star Member

We just have the one now, Blu the 6-ish year old dane (adopted from dane rescue last year).

I'm normally a pointy dog kind of person, but this time hubby gave me two choices - dane or JRT (talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!). Dane won, as I prefer a less terrier-orist kind of dog

So this is Blu...

I just love his happy face (snort)

Just wondered how those of you who've lost a dog get over the grief? I lost my soul-dog (grumpy old cowbag of a lurcher) Sky last autumn, it's nearly a year now, and I still cant talk or even think about her without crying, I miss her so much. People said with Blu around it'd be easier, but it's not. I love him very much though! But he's a daddy's boy, and far too well behaved lol.

Bohemian Stud - breeding marked rats for pet/show.