Kids!!! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 31-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Ultra Citizen
Default Kids!!!

Got home from work this afternoon to find my elderly parents all in a tizz because some small children had been trying to climb over the fence to get pears off our pear tree. She went and told them that they shouldn't because the dogs might be out, but their reply was it's ok we will just get the ones off the shed roof!
So, in order to prevent my dogs my dogs being put in the position of making a bad decision about intruders in the garden, and to protect myself from being sued for having a shed roof which isn't strong enough to bear the weight of children, I have spent the afternoon chopping the poor tree down - most annoyed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Gold Star Member

Why chop the tree down? I'd have frogmarched them back to their parents and told them to stop their kids from trespassing.

We had kids come into our garden a lot (to collect balls etc despite it being a no ball games street) before we got Blu. Funny how a great dane makes kids much more polite - they come to the door and ask first now! And if it happens more than once or twice, their ball becomes Blu's ball!

Bohemian Stud - breeding marked rats for pet/show.
Old 31-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLQ View Post
Why chop the tree down? I'd have frogmarched them back to their parents and told them to stop their kids from trespassing.

We had kids come into our garden a lot (to collect balls etc despite it being a no ball games street) before we got Blu. Funny how a great dane makes kids much more polite - they come to the door and ask first now! And if it happens more than once or twice, their ball becomes Blu's ball!
Just because kids will be kids and I didn't want them tempted into getting in to trouble - nicking fruit off a fruit tree isn't exactly the most terrible crime.My mum did speak to one of their parents but they didn't want to know. I just don't want to run the risk of the dogs biting any of them because the law would not be on my side. I don't think they would bite them............. well maybe the heeler would - just a little taste though