DISGUSTING! (warning disturbing pictures) - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 20-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Ultra Citizen
Default DISGUSTING! (warning disturbing pictures)

ive just been to tip ( Loscoe Derbsyhire) to pick up a rabbit hutch. it had a lock on the front and was filled with a blanket and sawdust. paid a fiver as the cage is in good condition. just managed to rip the lock off and as i started to clean it, a dead ferret fell out of the blanket!
he wasnt very old and there was no sign of food and little mess. he'd obviousley been left to die! how can people treat pets in this way? im so angry yet upset, disgusted, ashamed... im going to be writing to the local paper as the person who did this needs to know what a ******* they are!

RIP little one.

ya spaz!
I run a small Rabbit rescue. get in touch if you have a orphan or can donate cages/food. cheers!

Last edited by bothrops; 21-01-2011 at 09:14 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Regular

Poor little thing The frustrating thing is, the person who done this will get away with it and still be able to keep pets again. We can only hope that they suffer as much as this poor little animal did.
Old 20-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Postaholic Member

You don't know that it was just left to die, just because there was no food in there doesn't mean it was. They may have taken the food etc... out & not known what to do with the ferret so left it in there . Sorry but too many people like jumping to conclusions which can lead to all sorts of wrong accusations being made.

Member 29559

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny girl View Post
You don't know that it was just left to die, just because there was no food in there doesn't mean it was. They may have taken the food etc... out & not known what to do with the ferret so left it in there . Sorry but too many people like jumping to conclusions which can lead to all sorts of wrong accusations being made.

Just what i was thinking, people should know the facts first without deciding thats what has happened.
Old 20-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Posting Deity

Whatever happened, it's still horrible! poor little guy just left in there
Old 20-01-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Star Member

anyone with half a brain cell would have took the animal out and to honest 5er or no 5er cleaned it.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to BlazzingGecko53

Aww poor little guy! I just can't understand how people can be so horrible to animals! Do they have no heart??!!!

Blue Rose Cavies
Home of the Black Himalayan
www.facebook.com/bluerosecavies53
Old 20-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

Be really careful how you clean that hutch in case the animal died of some sort of infection and that's the reason for disposing of everything away from their house/ other animals!

From that pic the animal doesn't look in terrible condition so I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
Old 20-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Ultra Citizen

i dont know about most of you, but if a pet dies we bury them. our pets are our family and the way they just threw this ferret down the tip still in its cage is disgraceful! i only went to the tip as ive taken in another unwanted rabbit and was desperate for a cage but i have little money atm.

our ferret ALWAYS has a constant supply of food...there wasnt even one pellet of food in the cage! i personally think it starved or/and froze to death.

i dont know what to do with the cage now. its been disinfected twice and im gonna give it a bleech clean out later and perhaps again tomoz, i dont even know if i want it now and may take it back to the tip.

this has upset myself and my husband. we are mad about animals and couldnt imagine doing this to one of ours.

im going to give the little ferret a burial later (when the sun defrosts the ground abit!) no animal deserves to just be tossed away like this!

ya spaz!
I run a small Rabbit rescue. get in touch if you have a orphan or can donate cages/food. cheers!
Old 20-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Posting Deity

I agree that the ferret may not necessarily have died from neglect, but there is no doubt a neglect there with regard to disposing of the body!

If they couldn't be bothered to take it to a vet to have it incinerated or bury it, the least they could have done was not left it in the hutch for an animal lover to find - it must have been a nasty shock!

Poor little ferret!

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Tags
dead , ferret , hutch