Do we have a Random Dog Chat thread? - Page 107 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
I feel your pain at the moment :/

Thanks to you lot, Pip got a new tag too...

Guilty simmi got a new tag too but in my defence the one she came with was huge and she is teeny.

The day will come when RFUK doesn't make me think FFS! at least once an hour.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Sarah x View Post
For gods sake! Can i have your view please?
Never be nice to be in this situation but doubt this will even happen to be honest, at best an community officer will visit and thats that.

A dog that is out of control and not on a lead puts that owner in the wrong, a kick to remove said dog is a moo point at the end of the day.

What people see is that you are in the wrong for having two dangerous dogs as opposed to a BC that wouldn't hurt a fly..? We recently looked after a BC pup and she was always goading and instigating the 'fighting' with our Bullmastiff.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via MSN to x Sarah x

It was a rough collie, but beside the point.

The officer has just been, my fella is at work but he said he'd file it off and just pull the dogs away and keep walking next time (easier said than done though with 3 fighting dogs)...

He said they are taking the dog to the vet today but personally he thinks it will be fine (dunno what happens next if it isn't though)...

According to the other family my fella kicked the living daylights out of the dog (wtf?) and proceeded to throw abuse at the family particularly the son who just so happened to be ginger and so was called everything under the sun that is offensive and that the family are bricking it thinking my fella is going to go down and deck him (what are these people on!?!?!?!)

But he said at the same time, he is aware i, nor anyone else we know saw what happened, so it's their word against ours, and with nothing else to go by, we are just getting a warning....

Friggin' neighbours, this is why i want to live in the middle of nowhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Sarah x View Post
It was a rough collie, but beside the point.

The officer has just been, my fella is at work but he said he'd file it off and just pull the dogs away and keep walking next time (easier said than done though with 3 fighting dogs)...

He said they are taking the dog to the vet today but personally he thinks it will be fine (dunno what happens next if it isn't though)...

According to the other family my fella kicked the living daylights out of the dog (wtf?) and proceeded to throw abuse at the family particularly the son who just so happened to be ginger and so was called everything under the sun that is offensive and that the family are bricking it thinking my fella is going to go down and deck him (what are these people on!?!?!?!)

But he said at the same time, he is aware i, nor anyone else we know saw what happened, so it's their word against ours, and with nothing else to go by, we are just getting a warning....

Friggin' neighbours, this is why i want to live in the middle of nowhere
I've done it myself some ones staffs attacked my Rottweiler had him locked by the legs and my dog was bleeding I screamed at the owner as I couldent see my dog lasting much longer without snapping he just laughed and said a Rottweiler taken Down by a staffie haha which I then replied not for much longer as my dog was growling snarling so I kicked the staffie to get it of bear in mind my mate was recording this the the owner threatened to kick my head in he tried.
But my dog is really defensive over family dog didn't hurt him just jumped up on him a brought him to the ground.
He phoned the police saying my dog attacked him and I threatened to kill him
Ill take it as he didn't notice my mate was recording

My dog was fine a few teeth holes but nothing to bad and I think they took the staffie of the owner plus he had to pay the vet bills
  • 1.0.0 normal Burmese python
  • 0.1.0 Pastel kubsch boa
  • 0.1.0 Normal boa
  • 0.0.1 normal corn snake
  • 1.0.0 green iguana
  • 0.1.0 red iguana
  • 1.0.0 Hermann tortoise
  • 1.2.9 leopard geckos hypo,super hypo,blizzard,talbino,normal
  • 1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
  • 0.0.1 amel corn snake
  • 0.0.1 Berber skink
  • 0.0.1 desert iguans
  • 1.0.0 rottweiler (odin)
  • 2.0.0 rats
Old 07-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Premier Member

If one more person tells me my pup is too young/small to be walked or trained I am going to start swearing at them and force feeding them the used poo bags.
Ally likes this.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Super Citizen

I used to get the same. I always get sheldon to sit when I'm crossing the road or stopped and someone told me the same thing and they also said I should just let him be a puppy

Last edited by lisadew24; 07-06-2013 at 05:18 PM..
Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadew24 View Post
I used to get the same. I always get sheldon to sit when I'm crossing the road or stopped and someone told me the same thing and they also said I should just let him be a puppy
She is fairly small but she is a small breed and only just 12 weeks, but she is clever she already sits, lies down, and only whines when she wants a wee so she can be taken out rather than using the house. I feel like saying "I am doing it so she doesn't become a naughty/uncontrollable adult like their dog"

Old 15-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Posting Deity

Can I ask a favour folks??? The dog training centre we go to is running a competition entitled "I love my dog because" and I've entered Skye in it.

If you're on Facebook will you give us a vote by hovering your mouse over Skye's photo and clicking 'like'? He's in the top right hand corner (with the blue face painted nose!!!) of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6219544&type=1
x Sarah x likes this.

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Old 16-06-2013, 12:12 AM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feorag View Post
Can I ask a favour folks??? The dog training centre we go to is running a competition entitled "I love my dog because" and I've entered Skye in it.

If you're on Facebook will you give us a vote by hovering your mouse over Skye's photo and clicking 'like'? He's in the top right hand corner (with the blue face painted nose!!!) of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6219544&type=1
Done

I have OCD - Obsessive Chihuahua Disorder!
Old 16-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Forum Citizen

So hi!

Along with my small collection of reptiles comes my larger obsession with dogs. So much so, it's my career I started doing work experience in the local dog groomers when I was 16 to go along with my animal care courses (NC, HNC, HND) and when I left dog grooming had became a passion over all those years! I've now done my city and guilds - preparing to do the next level and work full time as a dog groomer it's such a blessing and I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather do...

Anyway that little introduction is really just to explain why I have...

Diego - Blue Standard Poodle

And Rugrat - Tri Jack Russell

And Tequila - Cream Toy Poodle (who is everyones grooming guinea pig!)

feorag and Zoo-Man like this.

Tags
dog chat