Omg i want to be her

Eileen you will like this one!!!

Litle girl 5 years playing with 14 german shepherds. - YouTube
Montage_Morphs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Premier Citizen

It has dropped quite a bit colder ...in north wales anyway and dora our seven and a half year old great dane is refusing to go for walkies...anyone else get this from their dogs ?
-Chels
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Hypo BCI
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python
1.1.0 Cat
1.0.0 Fully Formed Axolotl
0.0.4 Giant African Land Snail
0.0.1 T.Stirmi

<3
Old 06-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Sarah x View Post
Omg i want to be her

Eileen you will like this one!!!

Litle girl 5 years playing with 14 german shepherds. - YouTube
You're right - I Do! Lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelsNLuke View Post
It has dropped quite a bit colder ...in north wales anyway and dora our seven and a half year old great dane is refusing to go for walkies...anyone else get this from their dogs ?
-Chels
What! Skye refuse to go out for a walk!

NEVER!!! PMSL!!
ChelsNLuke likes this.

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Premier Citizen

Dora picks and chooses her walks , I open the door and shout walk and she just looks up at me like "seriously"
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Hypo BCI
1.1.0 Cat
0.0.1 T.Stirmi

<3
Old 06-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Posting Deity

I can't even put a pair of shoes on without him jumping up and down for joy and rushing to sit and wait 'in position' at the front door!

Course this makes me feel very guilty if I'm going somewhere and he can't come!

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Old 06-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by feorag View Post
I can't even put a pair of shoes on without him jumping up and down for joy and rushing to sit and wait 'in position' at the front door!

Course this makes me feel very guilty if I'm going somewhere and he can't come!
Aw bless him! I can relate to you there dora will ignore my walk offers all day but the moment I go to work...

-Chels
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
1.0.0 Hypo BCI
1.1.0 Cat
0.0.1 T.Stirmi

<3
Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Posting Deity

Yup!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Ultra Citizen

I've heard of a couple of dogs before that were very picky when it came to walking times. One of my neighbour's dogs doesn't go out in the dark for example, whereas his other one does (both Shih Tzus), lol.

Trigger and Storm would spend all day walking around outside if the could. Trigger has calmed down a bit but Storm gets really excited and starts whining and "talking" when I put my muck boots and walking jacket on.

Speaking of walkies: While I appreciate that some people are very scared of dogs (or just don't like them), when someone walks towards me and I get the dogs to heel right next to me, even move about 6 feet away onto the grass, all the while the dogs are not even looking at said person. If that person still feels like they have to cross the road and walk alongside where there is no path and when I say a polite "Good Morning" just give me a very sour-faced look, IMHO it would be time to seek professional help to deal with their fears.... that, or maybe that woman was just a miserable old trout, lol.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Gold Star Member

Ours doesn't seem bothered by cold but if it's raining then it's not so much a walk but a race to get home. He won't even walk through puddles on the pavement! This will be the 2nd winter with our lab, last winter I had to stop walking him due to ice. He couldn't get a grip, never mind me. I had to tire him out in the garden instead everyday. It's a shame councils won't grit the pavements. Walking my step son to school was a nightmare last year!

People with smaller dogs aren't keen on our lad. Because he still pulls he can sound like a steam train/snarling dog at times. On the way back from his morning walk there was a lady who had she dragged her dog any further off to the side from us would have been peering out from behind a bush. She wouldn't even look at us, eyes fixed firmly at the floor. If she had bothered to look she would have seen he wasn't snarling, just being a bugger. That's the only thing I can fault our lab on is his pulling. He's excellent with his behaviour and doing what we tell him to do but as soon as he's on the lead he's in a world of his own. I'm finding that having him on a short lead and walking much slower than he wants to is slowly reducing the pulling. We've not had him castrated yet, some people say this can have an affect on the pulling but others say it's mostly an age thing and he might not properly calm down till 2 years+ in age.

Here's a recent pic, he's 17 months old, we've had him since he was just over 8 weeks old.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _simon_ View Post
Ours doesn't seem bothered by cold but if it's raining then it's not so much a walk but a race to get home. He won't even walk through puddles on the pavement! This will be the 2nd winter with our lab, last winter I had to stop walking him due to ice. He couldn't get a grip, never mind me. I had to tire him out in the garden instead everyday. It's a shame councils won't grit the pavements. Walking my step son to school was a nightmare last year!

People with smaller dogs aren't keen on our lad. Because he still pulls he can sound like a steam train/snarling dog at times. On the way back from his morning walk there was a lady who had she dragged her dog any further off to the side from us would have been peering out from behind a bush. She wouldn't even look at us, eyes fixed firmly at the floor. If she had bothered to look she would have seen he wasn't snarling, just being a bugger. That's the only thing I can fault our lab on is his pulling. He's excellent with his behaviour and doing what we tell him to do but as soon as he's on the lead he's in a world of his own. I'm finding that having him on a short lead and walking much slower than he wants to is slowly reducing the pulling. We've not had him castrated yet, some people say this can have an affect on the pulling but others say it's mostly an age thing and he might not properly calm down till 2 years+ in age.

Here's a recent pic, he's 17 months old, we've had him since he was just over 8 weeks old.
He's very handsome!

Tags
dog chat