R.I.P Bobby the corn snake. Feeling very sad. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > R.I.P

Old 11-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Regular
Default R.I.P Bobby the corn snake. Feeling very sad.

Unfortunately, my corn snake died yesterday. He was six years old and the first reptile I got.

I missed a couple of feeds and noticed his tail looked little red so took him in to be checked. After having him for six years, him not eating was a sign something was wrong.

The docs diagnosed an infection in his tail. We spent hundreds of pounds to have a small amputation done and he seemed fine afterward. Two days later his mouth was wide open and he would not close it so I checked him over and had a new gaping wound so I took him back to vets.

Vets said they would keep in on antibiotics to treat this but a few hours later I got a call to say he had died. I am totally gutted as he was an amazing snake. The vets said they did some more tests and discovered he had the infection further up his body that was undetectable and showed to late to save him.

I'm hurting right now but thinking I would maybe like to give a home to another snake at some point and would rather rescue one. I just need to find a rehoming place in Kent.

R.I.P Bobby. Gonna miss you mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Egg

Rest in peace