Reptile Forums banner

Multi Mammate Mice

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  joeyenono 
#1 ·
mice available

no, i don't mind what you have them for... pets, breeding your own food... as long as you keep them well..

(humane gas chamber supplier avaiable also!)

keep a few as pets, and keep the rest of the collection going!

please note: i do NOT condone live feeding of rodents to reptiles.

MULTI MAMMATE MICE

Praomys natalensis:

Small Natal Rat (Praomys natalensis). This species has a few different names, because it has changed its scientific name several times since it was first discovered in 1834. It has been called Rattus natalensis - and even Mus natalensis a very long time ago - but now it can be found under the name of Praomys natalensis. It was recently called Mastomys natalensis. Praomys natalensis is the most recent (=correct) names. It is just as closely related to pet mice as pet rats

In the wild they live in open terrain in the south half of Africa. There they are natural pests, just like our house mice and brown rats. They eat crops, seeds and insects. Coconuts are a favourite! When there is lots of food they eat a lot of vegetables. When food is scarse they can eat eachother. The natal rat (Praomys natalensis) is the most common rat in Africa

care similar to that of the domestic rat. these mice will chew through anything not metal or glass and i do not recommend them in plastic hamster type cages. Glass is best!!

females have 14 pairs of nipples and can birth up to 25 per litter under good conditions. female can also give birth again, when the first litter are only 4 weeks old, and suckle two broods at once.

come in:

Agouti (plain, spot and pied) dark eyes
Cinnamon (plain, spot and pied) dark eyes
Argente (plain, spot and pied) red eyes
Champagne Argente (plain, spot and pied) red eyes

£5 each, deal on multiples

Multis are often taken by snake who will only eat mice, but should really be on rats! v handy!

Nerys

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.