Full 06 Female Boa Setup - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Classifieds > Reptile Classifieds - Exotics for Sale and Wanted

Old 22-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Super Citizen
Default Full 06 Female Boa Setup

I have just borght 2 new baby boa's from a friend who breeds them, Ive just got a new flat and new job and things are going good (touch wood). I am selling one of them to a lucky person as a full setup, The mother was a red tail so i guess that makes her 100%Het Redtail?

This is the perfect first snake, She is a little hissy at the moment which is to be expected as she is 5months old, but has never attempted to bite. My friend john has had to cut down her food intake slightly as she is getting big for her age, She is nearly 2ft long and is a little chunky. She will be a big girl when fully grown.

She is an excellent feeder and allways sheds in one peice. I am including a 3*2*1 Viv and brand new 24" heat mat and reptiglow 150w red bulb and fitment. This setup includes the Baby boa, 24" Heat matt, Red 150w Reptiglow Bulb and fitment and on/off controller stat, Exoterria large hide,large water bowl and logs to climb.

This Full Setup includes

Exoterria 3*2*1 Vivarium

24" Heat Mat

Reptiglow 150w Bulb and fitment

On/Off Stat controller

Large Water Bowl

Exoterria Large Hide

100% Het Redtail Boa

£200 for the full setup
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa (Gomez)

Last edited by Rocky Bal Boa Lover; 22-05-2007 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Bad Grammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-2007, 11:05 AM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to weelad

think it would make it 50% not really sure but thought id geuss

Old 22-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Well Red Tail is not really an exact name... people use it to refer to any thing with a very red tail, more commonly BCC, but often used for BCI with very red tails.

For the shake of this case, if we assume the father was a Common Boa (BCI) and the mother a BCC. Then this boa is a mutt. A BCI/BCC cross. Not het for any thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-05-2007, 04:35 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to weelad

oh yeah i see what ya meen i didnt really think about it, i was thinkin morphs as just befor was lookin at royals

Old 22-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Bal Boa Lover View Post
The mother was a red tail so i guess that makes her 100%Het Redtail?
Common boas and red tail boas are both just normal variants, not morphs. If you breed them together then the offspring are just mixed breeds and you can't recover pure red tail or pure common out of them (it'd be like breeding a labrador with a german shepherd...you just get a mixed breed, there are no hets involved).

So what you are selling is a BCC x BCI cross.
Old 23-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDee View Post
Well Red Tail is not really an exact name... people use it to refer to any thing with a very red tail, more commonly BCC, but often used for BCI with very red tails.

For the shake of this case, if we assume the father was a Common Boa (BCI) and the mother a BCC. Then this boa is a mutt. A BCI/BCC cross. Not het for any thing.
No dont assume anything. The farther was a common but the mother was a suriname red tail boa
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa (Gomez)
Old 23-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Gold Star Member

Surinam red tailed boas are BCC. Boa constrictor constrictor