Travelling to Hamm? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings

Old 08-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Egg
Default Travelling to Hamm?

Hi there, first post so apologies if I'm asking in the wrong forum.

I was wondering if there's anyone still planning to travel to the location of Terraristika Hamm on 12/12/2020, or of a courier service that will be despite the cancellation of the show?

I've been in touch with a breeder about getting a ball python from him and he's planning on taking some other snakes to the location despite it being cancelled to drop off some other snakes, I was wondering if anyone is collecting or can point me in the right direction.

I've already asked reptilecourier.eu and an waiting on a response from CBM, so other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2020, 12:08 AM
Premier Member

There was some discussion in another thread, but basically (unless its changed since, and that's very plausible given how things change on the Covid front)

The GOV website states that as of today's date (8/10/20) There are currently COVID-19-related restrictions on entry into Germany from Scotland, Northern Ireland,Wales, North East England, North West England and Yorkshire & the Humber. Although with rising cases this may change to the whole of UK and Scotland.... So depending from the region of origination, you / the courier may be required to self isolate for two weeks before returning to the UK. Currently anyone returning to the UK from Germany without traveling through other countries apparently don't need to self isolate on return to the UK. - But again that may change by December.

To be honest, I doubt that you will get any concrete info form any of the reptile couriers two months ahead, given that the CV19 restrictions can change dramatically in that time. Best advice would be to contact all the main couriers, both in the UK and in Germany to see when would be the latests you could leave it to book a slot, if they are planning on doing a run between UK / Germany.

Malc

Old 10-10-2020, 05:10 AM
Super Regular

Possible the seller can get it to Houten show 06 December which is with restrictions still planned to be going ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Cant you get them in the UK, it would be a lot less hassle ?
ian14 likes this.
Old 14-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry python View Post
Possible the seller can get it to Houten show 06 December which is with restrictions still planned to be going ahead.
As Holland isn't on the exempt list, 14 days quarantine will apply. Also looks as if you have to self isolate for 10 days o arrival in Holland.
Germany, however, is exempt, as long as you go straight there, not via another country.

Last edited by ian14; 14-10-2020 at 06:28 PM..