Kempton Park Expo 2011 - Page 21 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings

Old 15-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Postaholic Member
Send a message via AIM to reptile_man_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysnakes View Post
overall i didnt think much of the expo. There wasnt as much there as i was hopeful for. especially short on lizard front, didnt see any iguanas?
I'm sure there's lots of Igg's that need rescuing.
Advertisement

Old 15-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Ultra Citizen
Default iguanas

What makes you bring up rescue?
Old 15-08-2011, 09:36 AM
RFUK Premium Membership

I have to be honest, anyone who didnt think much of this expo would be advised IMO to not attend another uk show. I would only therefor do hamm and daytona. No other show worldwide will compare to the expectations.

From my point of view, I thought it was quite easliy the best show I have ever been to uk wise. on top of that, much more comfortable than any european show I have been to.
Really well organised, not too many people in one place at one time, and even the heat was reasonable for most of the day.

There isnt another uk show that will even remotely start to touch this, this is why I say dont go to another uk show. Not being gobby by saying that, but you certainly wont be satisified with anything else on these shores.

Ally, Crownan, leejay and 2 others like this.

Latest youtube vid:-24th may 2012
Goldust bloodreds and more hatching..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r7IZaGMprI

2012 corns for sale.. many many morphs
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ings-sale.html

adult corns for sale
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...l#post10344758
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Premier Member
Reviews: 2
Send a message via MSN to SSamm

The bike thing was horrible. I live about 12 miles away (half hour drives if u go through kingston. Was over a hour turned back round just to go on the a3/m25/m3. Stupid people in yellow jacketswere sending us in circles around the closed roads. At one point we were actully compleatly blocked in a area! Show was good. Wasnt going to buy. Just got livefood and a magnaturals ledge. Few cresties tempted me!!!
Old 15-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Ultra Citizen
Default show

That's a real shame.
Do you think there was a good turn out then? Both from breeders and public? I was impressed by the royals and there were loads of boas.
But I didn't see anything all that rare? Maybe I just didn't look in the right places.
A friend of a friend owns a reptile shop and I enjoy going there more I think. But maybe that's because of the amount of people.

Hopefully in a few years time there will be a bit more variety. I think it would be great If they could have a separate area for display purposes. Sets ups with live plants and stuff.

There were not any of the plants there I was hoping for either.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:54 AM

I am with Cornmorphs on this.Its the best British show that I have been to,getting back to the good old days Of the I.H.S.shows.
There wasnt as much variety as Europe but if most people want Royals,Corns and Cresties people will breed these species so I dont really see it as a criticism.If people dont like them breed other species and make them more readily avavailable they wont be at the shows.It was nice to see some foreign breeders there,I hope that it was worth their while.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSamm View Post
The bike thing was horrible. I live about 12 miles away (half hour drives if u go through kingston. Was over a hour turned back round just to go on the a3/m25/m3. Stupid people in yellow jacketswere sending us in circles around the closed roads. At one point we were actully compleatly blocked in a area! Show was good. Wasnt going to buy. Just got livefood and a magnaturals ledge. Few cresties tempted me!!!
Yeh it shafted me too seems al us local lot had a nightmare
Old 15-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
That's a real shame.
Do you think there was a good turn out then? Both from breeders and public? I was impressed by the royals and there were loads of boas.
But I didn't see anything all that rare? Maybe I just didn't look in the right places.
A friend of a friend owns a reptile shop and I enjoy going there more I think. But maybe that's because of the amount of people.

Hopefully in a few years time there will be a bit more variety. I think it would be great If they could have a separate area for display purposes. Sets ups with live plants and stuff.

There were not any of the plants there I was hoping for either.
There were sum nice broms what shop u talking about
Old 15-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
especially short on lizard front, didnt see any iguanas?
We had a couple of greens but they were reserved, and baby fijis

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonjoe View Post
i though it was great like a giant pet shop not as busy as last year but there was some good things there. my favs where alli snapper, fiji iguanas, caiman lizard , and there was a beautiful baby biak green tree python
The fijis were our table, you should have said hi!
Old 15-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Gold Star Member

Was a great show, so busy!

The organisers and the helpers all did a fantastic job, and the few issues from last year (a bit disorganised at the sign in and parking for those with tables at the start) seemed to be resolved.

So brilliant job!

Just wish I'd had a bit more time to look arround, it was too manic to leave the table for long.

Oh, the BBQ up stairs rocked also!

Tags
kempton , kempton park , kempton park 2011 , kempton park expo 2011 , reptile show