Win Awesome Stuff! - Page 9 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > RFUK Competitions


  #81 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2013, 12:30 AM
bothrops's Avatar
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 12,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrosham View Post
WOO THANKYOU! Cant believe I won haha - sorry about the latin name not in italics!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The correct term is scientific name, not latin name!






Congrats mate!
__________________
_____________________
I'm happy with a house full of herps"


http://andysboamorphs.webs.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saedcantas View Post
It's a well known fact that you can't reason (or debate) with morons.
VEGETARIAN - An old American Indian word for 'Bad Hunter'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #82 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2013, 01:06 AM
tremerz97's Avatar
5 Star Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: plymouth
Posts: 4,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bothrops View Post
The correct term is scientific name, not latin name!






Congrats mate!
thought latin names were scientific?
__________________
mike



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Chad View Post
I thought tremerz was older, gives some of the best advice on here.
  #83 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,716
Default

Congratulations to the winner!!! This was a horribly brilliant competition!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #84 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2013, 05:39 PM
alexandrosham's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremerz97 View Post
thought latin names were scientific?
I believe Latin name is the informal equivalent for scientific names


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 24-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Team Reptiles's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gateshead, Team Valley
Posts: 1,473
Default

Well done alexandrosham

Will get your lovely prizes packaged up and posted out.

In the meantime better get my thinking cap on for a prize for next months comp.

Tara
bothrops, Jesterone and tremerz97 like this.
__________________



383R Jedburgh Court, NE110BQ, 0191 4877766
82 Hylton Road, SR47BB, 01915142556



  #86 (permalink)  
Old 26-07-2013, 05:17 PM
bothrops's Avatar
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 12,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremerz97 View Post
thought latin names were scientific?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrosham View Post
I believe Latin name is the informal equivalent for scientific names


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The correct term for an organisms name using the binomial nomenclature system is 'scientific name'. The term 'Latin name' is outdated and incorrect (mostly because these days, many scientific names are not in Latin!)






(don't worry about it, I'm just being pedantic, everyone knows what you mean when you say 'Latin name', but it's like someone using 'poisonous snake' instead of 'venomous snake)
__________________
_____________________
I'm happy with a house full of herps"


http://andysboamorphs.webs.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saedcantas View Post
It's a well known fact that you can't reason (or debate) with morons.
VEGETARIAN - An old American Indian word for 'Bad Hunter'
Closed Thread

Tags
competition win prize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More Hello Kitty stuff, Arm Warmers, Greenday stuff, Novelty birthday candeles & more JamesJ Off Topic Classifieds 12 01-10-2008 10:19 PM
Swimming stuff/nail dec/bratz&funky stuff/wardrobe organiser/crystal growing &stuff sweetvicky Off Topic Classifieds 6 21-05-2008 11:29 PM
Loads Of Awesome Stuff For Sale!!! (Must See) Philcw Off Topic Classifieds 30 29-02-2008 04:08 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)