Win Habistat Thermostat and other awesome goodies! - Page 10 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > RFUK Competitions

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Super Regular

My wife just mentioned a valid point. What about the possible breach of copyright on the images used on some of these banners.
It seems simply "copy/pasting images from the internet is violating the copyright laws, unless the creator has explicitly granted the work (the photographs in these examples) to the public domain or has otherwise licensed its use. (And if it is licensed, you must comply with the terms of the license or again, you are violating the copyright)."
Sorry to bring this up I know it shouts 'sore loser' but as a photographer I would be less than happy that people were using my images for gain without my approval.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Ultra Citizen

It's a valid point zoon and well addressed. Good job I've got a vast amount of stock imagery from istock when building websites for clients under the extended licensing that allows me to buy into the rights for both commercial and non-commercial use. The images used are within the terms of the license agreement and will not infringe any copyright, moral right, trademark or other intellectual property right or violate any right of privacy or publicity.
Zoon and Kimora like this.
Old 22-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Ultra Citizen

Big shout out to Team Reptiles and Tara for such wonderful prizes.... these competitions are real and pays to enter so an added thank you to the RFUK community and Admin/Moderation team. Collected them in person today from Doncaster.

One very happy chappy and can't wait to get all of this hooked up.

Kimora likes this.

Tags
competition win prize