worried - POSSIBLY URGENT!! - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Shelled - Turtles & Tortoise

Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoj89 View Post
unfortunately, they have indeed passed away. no idea why but it could be of an infection they came to me with. next reps/animals i get will be coming from a breeder if anywhere at all.
Have you told the shop?

Very sad to read, but as this happened after only about a week of you having them, they most likely were already sick. It is quite likely that any others they sold/are selling will also be unwell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen P View Post
Have you told the shop?

Very sad to read, but as this happened after only about a week of you having them, they most likely were already sick. It is quite likely that any others they sold/are selling will also be unwell.
I don't think there's any point telling the shop, when I went in a few days ago, they were no turtles left. They also only offer any sort of refund/swap if the animal dies within 24 hours of being bought from the shop.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoj89 View Post
I don't think there's any point telling the shop, when I went in a few days ago, they were no turtles left. They also only offer any sort of refund/swap if the animal dies within 24 hours of being bought from the shop.
There is every point - you only had them about 10 days so unless you put something in the water when you did the complete water change, fed them something that was contaminated, used a spray or something similar around their tank etc, I would say they were already ill and the shop should be informed.

As to whether they are bothered or interested is their decision.

If you set out full details of your set up that was, including photos, then may be we can spot something.

Tags
possible emergency , sick , urgent , ybs , yellow bellied slider