Reptile Forums banner

Do Spur Thighed Females fight eachother?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SueBoyle 
#1 ·
So 2 males together is not a good idea as they can get teritorial and fight which and cause stress for the submissive one. I wouldnt really fancy a male and a female incase they mated together which I am not prepared for yet. So is 2 females together okay? Or do they fight and become aggressive like Males do? Thank you!

#2 ·
I have kept Iberas (one of the many spur thigh sub species) for over 36 yrs and never had females fight. They will mount other females if they are gravies, and the will mount males when gravity too. But never had them fight. It is possible , but rare if they have enough space.

Reactions: supatips
#3 ·
With two females you are generally choosing the path of least risk where fighting is concerned. But they will still need plenty of room etc to get out of each others way.

It's always a good idea to make sure you have the means to separate in case of any issues.

For future refference 1:1 ratio would lead to the female being constantly pestered. You are normally best off with at least 2 females per male to divide his attention.

If sourcing from separate places you may also be wise to carry out a period of quarantine.

Reactions: SueBoyle
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.