Super Regular
Send a message via MSN to Jimmyjames1909
Default Rescued tort check my threads to find out more

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-2008, 01:07 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 3
Send a message via AIM to fantapants Send a message via MSN to fantapants Send a message via Yahoo to fantapants Send a message via Skype™ to fantapants

looks like a sulcata to me. i have two of these and they are BIG, messy and destructive! they will eat anything they find (kids toys, money, buttons) and leave HUGE parcels for you to find! how are you keeping him?
Old 24-03-2008, 02:12 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Andy n Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames1909 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjames1909 View Post
Hi i found a tortois a few days ago it had been dumped with some cloths on its viv. It turned out that the lady who owned the tort had left her husband and his resonse was to dump her stuff me a nd a friend got it inside it had been out for about 2 hours without heat. I now have it in my flat i have got her eating salad and drinking what else can i feed her and what temps should i be giving her she is happy and loves to roam round my front room bumping into everything she is called stella and she is a sutula tortois about five years old she looks amazing and nearly always well behaved

you could have put this in your other post then people would know the situation,looks like sulcata good luck with it do you know the sex?
how big is your garden? you say you live in a flat to be fair its simply not fair on the tort if he or she has not got acess to a outdoor enclosure theese torts dont hibernate and require a hell of a lot of space when i set out to get a tort for my son we wanted a sulcata but we got a horsfield big diffrence i know but the reason for this was horsfelds are more easier to house than sulcata we are currentley in the process of re fefurbing our garden partitioning a out door for the horsfiedl and concidering out options for a sulcata all i am saying if if you havent got a back garden i would re home the tort as your in a flat in a few years time you wont ne b ale to lift the tort alone and he/she will demolish your house aS YOU JUST WOULDNT BE ABLE TO HOUSE HIM IN A FLAT no offence i dont mean to cause upsette just looking out for the tort

i am not 100% but i have researched, im sure some one would agree with me

best of luck

if you are rehoming the sulcata try the sheled warriors i herd they good also post on here some one may be able to help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Forum Citizen

As has been said, definately not a species that can be house in a flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyq1 View Post
if you are rehoming the sulcata try the sheled warriors i herd they good also post on here some one may be able to help
Like Andy has said Shelled Warriors offer a rehoming service. If you would like help rehoming then please PM me and I will be happy to help out.
Old 24-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Super Regular
Send a message via MSN to Jimmyjames1909
Default Tort

my flat is huge i have full acsess to a huge garden where i have already made an inclosure for her it is more than big anoth. The reson i know so much about the tort is that i new were it came from the kady who owned it had left her partner and he decided it wasn;t staying with him. I have arranged to look after her to she has suitable living accomadation. I have looked at sevel care sheets im not saying i no everything but im always learning my sister works in a pet shop which deal with alot of reptiles/torts all kinds of animals
Old 25-03-2008, 01:31 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Andy n Claire

hi glad you know what ur doing was not doubting you for one minute,

u say ur sister works in a pet shop ,please dont take the tort in there they dont disinfect their hands after handling difrent animals ans reptiles,also a pet shop will tell you anuthing to get a sale i have 3 tunisian torts when i got them i diddnt know what species they were i took them to my local pet store they said horsfield lmfao no way there is a massive diffrence betwene horsfield and tunisian even for people who dont know the species she was comparing to theirs they sell i was told never to take torts to pet stores as of their hygine issues and they are full of cra*
glad you can house it

best of luck