Human hair on tortoise backend - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Shelled - Turtles & Tortoise

Old 25-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Egg
Default Human hair on tortoise backend

Hey guys, I have a horsefield tortoise, he's been with me for around almost 4 months now and he's my first ever tortoise. I don't know how on earth he's managed to do this as my long hair is tied back when I'm dealing with him, giving him food etc but I've noticed that he's had a strand of my hair popping out of his backside today. I pulled some of it gently at first and then stopped when I could no longer pull it as smoothly as I possibly could afterwards. I'm really worried about him, I know it's common for this to happen to tortoises too as I've read other forums around the web but I don't want to be left overthinking for the whole night 😂 I'm not sure as to what to do now? He's fine and his normal self, eating well, drinking, cooperating well but I'm still worried about him because I obviously know and can see that he's still got a strand of hair in his tail.This may sound ridiculous but I'm worrying incase he won't be able to poop again etc, I know it sounds ridiculous but it's just me overthinking (as I do &#x1f602
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-09-2019, 06:51 PM
Premier Citizen

He will be fine, don't worry about it. This sort of thing happens
Old 29-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjayh1999 View Post
Hey guys, I have a horsefield tortoise, he's been with me for around almost 4 months now and he's my first ever tortoise. I don't know how on earth he's managed to do this as my long hair is tied back when I'm dealing with him, giving him food etc but I've noticed that he's had a strand of my hair popping out of his backside today. I pulled some of it gently at first and then stopped when I could no longer pull it as smoothly as I possibly could afterwards. I'm really worried about him, I know it's common for this to happen to tortoises too as I've read other forums around the web but I don't want to be left overthinking for the whole night 😂 I'm not sure as to what to do now? He's fine and his normal self, eating well, drinking, cooperating well but I'm still worried about him because I obviously know and can see that he's still got a strand of hair in his tail.This may sound ridiculous but I'm worrying incase he won't be able to poop again etc, I know it sounds ridiculous but it's just me overthinking (as I do &#x1f602
It does happen, but best left alone to come out on its own:0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjayh1999 View Post
Cut it off, never pull it as you can pull the gut too.

Breeding group of Testudo hermanni boettgeri
www.tortsmad.com