My pet sitter overfed my yellow bellied slider! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Shelled - Turtles & Tortoise

Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Regular
Red face My pet sitter overfed my yellow bellied slider!

So, I went on this trip and gave detailed in person instructions to a friend of a friend. Everything was good and he followed the instructions miraculously! Btw I adopted two more yellowed bellied sliders from a friend that wasn't caring for them properly, so I have all three in a 10 gallon until I got back with my new to me 100 gallon tank. I believe it's 100. Anyways, everything was good, he even added water when it started to get low! But my main turtle is a vicarious eater! He over fed him, bad! I'm talking almost half of the hatchling formula is gone! It's zoomed hatchling formula in the small container. So anyways he is freaking huge! He grew way bigger than he was in a week! He now looks like a hamburger\slider lol! My question is how do I get him back to eating normally and growing at a normal rate?! I'm thinking of building my own platform in the big tank assuming it doesn't have any leaks and when I get an appropriate filter do any of you have any suggestions in building one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 10:17 PM
5 Star Member

What happened with the sick one?

Do you have all these with the sick one?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Regular
Thumbs down

He was taken to the vet but he passed away. He was an immature turtle way to small to sell. That's what the vet said. He said he never adjusted to the changes from wherever the store gets them from to my tank. They said where she probably wasn't taking care of them with right temperatures and such the store made him ill because he was defiantly to young to sell.

Tags
over fed , tank set up , yellow bellied slider