Reptile Forums banner

Snakes being cute!

3K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  arwen_7 
#1 ·
Well my snakes anyways :halo:

This is Johann the Granite Mex Mex Kingsnake (around 8months old)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Well my snakes anyways :halo:

This is Johann the Granite Mex Mex Kingsnake (around 8months old)
Gorgeous mex mex, nice to see something different on here :)

Reactions: arwen_7
#4 ·
I let Johann explorer some spare HerpHusk when I had him out over lunch time today. He seemed rather interested in it and appeared to enjoy nosing around it. He is such a cutie :D

He has certainly grown a bit since we got him in January!

Attachments

#7 ·
Oh god that's adorable!!
Lovely enclosure too.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: arwen_7
#9 ·
Oooh that will be so cool! How large will the enclosure be? Please post updates when you do it :)

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
At least 7' x 3' x 2' (LxHxD). More likely to be 7 or 8' x 3' x 3'. Can go bigger if it looks like she is going to be a large boa, but It's not looking like that just now.
I like to give my animals as much space as I can :) The min 7 foot length is due to our other two snakes vivariums being a 3 foot and a 4 foot, so they will fit on top of the new one.

#11 ·
Morrigan managed to work loose the wires for her lights from the roof of her house a few days ago. Caught her in the act of using them as a climbing frame!

So I've now zip tied the wired to the light gaurd more and put a few more cable tides in the roof. Lets see if that is enough :whistling2:

Managed to finally measure her, shes 3'7 inches. So I'm starting to look for a bigger vivarium now for her. Definitly going to give her more hieght to play in. May just get a custom made one rather than making our own, as house DIY is in full swing again.

Attachments

#17 ·
With everything going on with Katy and other life stuff I've kinda been lax in picture taking. It's nice to finally have time again! Annoyingly I just missed Morrigan having a massive yawn while resting her head on the fake orchid. Always the way!

#18 ·
Morrigan has finally moved into her big vivarium (after far to many set backs). She looks so small in it! But she seems to be enjoying it so far.
It's just shy of 8' x 2' x 3' high. Has UV and and LED strip that I've set to have a nice morning and evning glow as the temperatures raise and lower:
Plant Rectangle Wood Window Wall

and the "midday"look:
Window Plant Rectangle Wood Grass

Morrigan has had a good explore of it all, but I don't think she fully understands the concept of hiding!
Eye Wood Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Automotive tire

Wood World Art Twig Natural material

#19 ·
That is beautiful Arwen!
Bet it’ll be tricky to spot clean, but she obviously feels safe/secure if she doesn’t even conceal herself much 🤣😂🤣😂

Have you asked Morrigan to poop in one location?

My biggest snake, Cocoa, a CB18 rainbow boa, is usually pretty consistent and poops in one of three hides. The only time she uses the hot hide, is usually when she has pooped under the cool hide and/or in the moist cave.

#20 ·
Thanks! She certainly used to poo in the same place in her little vivarium - right bang in the middle! So I'm hoping that continues. Makes for easy cleaning.
I've sealed the bottom and semi tanked it in with waterproof semi ridged sheets so that's gonna help with deep cleans.

I do wonder how large she will get, kinda hoping she doesn't get 7'+ as then I'd feel I'd need to create a new vivarium for her. Which would be fun but then I'd end up keeping this viv and putting another snake in it 😅 No idea of her genetics but she's only grown around 9" in the two years we've had her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.