Reptile Forums banner

Magical Mystery corns update 2010 and 2011

1K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  Montage_Morphs 
#1 ·
Here are some of my magical keepers from the last two years.

2010 babies, 5 hets. (both with very full tummies, and rubbishy pictures). The original clutch had wildly different normals, ranging from busy patterns and bright colours to dusky maroon banded examples.

The darkest girl as a tiny wee baba

And today

The brightest girl on the day she hatched

I knew she was a keeper when I saw this belly

And today

2011 Babies, as they are both stripes they missed out on the motley gene therefore are only het for 3 things, but wonderful things they are! The colour on these two is unbelievable! And I love how this pair really show off how wildly different the stripe gene can vary visually!

Boy

Girlie

See less See more
#4 ·
Looking nice Elle,my two are coming on a treat,both doing very well and growing nicely.
If only my camera skills were up to the task of capturing them will have to have another go soon, though will only be snaps not the stunning portraits that you post.

#6 ·
You got the best mots as well! :) Cant imagine how much colour they will have by now, any shot will do... These are my crappy shots :p

They are all beautiful! The 2010's are amazing, so bright and I love the 2011's, especially the boy! :flrt:
He might be my favourite as well... maybe, depending on who I am looking at at the time LOL.

#12 ·
well I kept the original mystery hets until they were at least 8 months to see colour development and the ones that caught my eye from the start just kept getting better and better. To be fair they were all a bonnie bunch of snakes, for plain ole normal corns but im convinced their hets are shining through ;)

With the second clutch is was very easy to pick my keepers as they were all very colourful so i chose based on pattern, and my pair were like chalk and cheese, extreme ends on the stripe variation so i wanted one of each. I was even more pleased when they turned out to be a male and female pair :)

#16 ·
i'm sorry, but non of these animals are fat, some of the pictures were taken shortly after feeds, so they've got mousey bellies, they are certainly not over weight.

#20 ·
i've no idea why mine have grown so well then, because i feed the same way..... when i remember, lol.

my female has stopped feeding the last two weeks.

don't mind others hun, those who know you, know how well you keep your animals, hell you've got rare and difficult snakes and have had babies off them, so pay no heed.

#21 ·
I only fed my ones once every 10 days when they went onto small mice, and then once every 12 - 14 days on mediums. Obviously iv been giving the female a little more of late as she has laid a clutch, but she has hardly lost much weight at all :)

I think they are the fastest growing snake iv had here. I have some 2011's from July that are still only on large pinkys.

#23 ·
Like I say, they are from large parents. I did expect them to grow up fast lol. I really am terrible though, I have gone 3 weeks forgetting to feed things before. I just have such a busy job (55hrs a week) and trying to cram in ALL the animoos plus family, friends, manthing etc. Defrosting copious amounts of furry dead things once a week is completely alien to me LOL.

#27 ·
i'll agree with that whole heartedly, and it's the angle i always try to present when people give the excuse of lack of time, or interaction as a reason for a sale. the reptiles don't give a monkeys if they are NEVER held, as long as the set-up is right and they're fed, that's all that matters to them.

I rarely handle any of my reptiles, every now and again to make sure they're ok and that's about it. i've got a leo who likes to come out, but she lets me know when she wants, which isn't often, and I ususally check them for stuck toe sheds, as some of them do have a problem with that, but that's their enigma problems.

other than that, my reptiles are largely left alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.