Reptile Forums banner

Brazilian Rainbow Boa....Mimi

1K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Artisan 
#1 ·
Had my brb out a few days ago and today.... took some updated pics to put up. shes growing really well (yeah sparko....) and is just about or a bit over 4 foot now (cant remember what she was at last measuring a month or so ago) shes a year old and looking gorgeous.
todays pics are of her in her dark daylight phase, and theres one other thrown in there of her in light nightime phase.....i love he way her sides turn a a silvery grey in the evening and her rainbow shine is awesome!.....anyway hope you like :2thumb:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks ailsa :) yep she is growing great and is a pleasure to handle :2thumb:

#6 · (Edited)
I bet she is, would love to handle her and your big girl Ember :flrt:
Ember weighs a ton now, she's going through a growth spurt and I'm thinking of putting her on small rabbits soon as her last jumbo rat - she ate within 5 mins.
Diesel just has the edge on weight at the moment though - he's a right bruiser! :2thumb:

#10 ·
:lol2: :) thanks matey :)

Ooo err...this "list" sounds a bit ominous :gasp:

#11 ·
Brb

Thats a very pretty lady ! she looks like shes been polished , they are gorgeous though . Got the CRB may consider a BRB later in year :)
Got new boa today , hybrid coming friday , and other half doesnt know about either :lol2:

#12 ·
Thats a very pretty lady ! she looks like shes been polished , they are gorgeous though . Got the CRB may consider a BRB later in year :)
Got new boa today , hybrid coming friday , and other half doesnt know about either :lol2:
Thanks hun she's a real looker isn't she :) very nice natured too, very rarely see her out as she is the shyest snake I've ever owned but she does enjoy coming out every few days for a handle and excercise. Very nosey too.

YAY! You got rio at last! :) is he very tiny or is he grown on a bit? i can't get those baby crbs i saw out of my head, they were so beautiful and i really want one :( :lol2:

Reactions: claireleone
#15 ·
Hi scud,

Get some pics up for us to look at :)
Yours probably isn't underfed at all, mine is quite big compared to others of people i know on here. Some are smaller then others/take longer to grow/are born to be a bit smaller with maybe having small parents etc or yours might be a male?? i wouldn't worry aslong as you're feeding it the right size meal regulaly. i have two 2010 female bcis born within a few months of eachother - one is over 6 foot....the other is 3 foot 2 or something but both are well built and eating correctly so if your brb looks healthy ....carry on the same routine.

Made me laugh about jody marsh .....what's that all about! She's gone all crazy and looks like a souped up mahogany drag queen :2thumb:

#16 ·
Thanks hun :) if you decide to get another snake you should consider one of these beauties. They are not difficult to care for at all if you do your research and are even more stunning in the flesh :2thumb:

#17 ·
Boas

Im having trouble getting boas off the brain now LOL , poor Rio .. Came home wednesday hi in blue and so sweet natured and nosey to boot the sweetie , he made straight for the moss box and moved in . He shed perfectly thursday morning , and ate like a hungry dog today ! after seeing the pics of rachs gorgeous little boa rio is about the same size at the moment . Will take some photos as soon as his dinner digested , im panicing in case he regurges just arriveing etc but he was starving ! , never seen a snake grab food so fast :flrt: ii soooooooooooooo love this fella i have to go boa shopping again soon LOL

#18 ·
Im having trouble getting boas off the brain now LOL , poor Rio .. Came home wednesday hi in blue and so sweet natured and nosey to boot the sweetie , he made straight for the moss box and moved in . He shed perfectly thursday morning , and ate like a hungry dog today ! after seeing the pics of rachs gorgeous little boa rio is about the same size at the moment . Will take some photos as soon as his dinner digested , im panicing in case he regurges just arriveing etc but he was starving ! , never seen a snake grab food so fast :flrt: ii soooooooooooooo love this fella i have to go boa shopping again soon LOL
Yes!....you will :)

He shouldn't regurge though as long as you leave him in peace for a few days :mf_dribble:

#22 ·
Thaks :)

#23 ·
Had my brb out a few days ago and today.... took some updated pics to put up. shes growing really well (yeah sparko....) and is just about or a bit over 4 foot now (cant remember what she was at last measuring a month or so ago) shes a year old and looking gorgeous.
todays pics are of her in her dark daylight phase, and theres one other thrown in there of her in light nightime phase.....i love he way her sides turn a a silvery grey in the evening and her rainbow shine is awesome!.....anyway hope you like :2thumb:

Very nice indeed, have you any idea what she weighs?

catch and release

#24 ·
i have no idea :lol2: been meaning to weigh her for a while but she's in shed at the moment so i will probably attempt to get miss wigglebum in a tub and on some scales and post on here after she's done :)

#26 ·
:lol2: you sure can't : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.