Carpet Python gets the Volly treatment - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes > Snake Pictures

Old 15-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 8
Default Carpet Python gets the Volly treatment

I got to meet the man himself at last on Tuesday, collected my new arboreal viv for my CCP. I'm very happy with it (as usual) he's done a great job, again pandering to my whims and my very specific requirements

So, since then i've been very busy...

The viv

Ceramic installed and guarded

Making sure it works (well, I did wire it up myself!)

Time to stat it (Microclimate Pulse B2 is my usual weapon of choice)

Then the fun bit!

The bamboo canes are £8.50 each from B&Q, and I used the little screwy things that you put under the legs of worktops to attach them to the viv, £2.50 each, in case anyone else wants to get creative!

And the star of the show

And as you can see, it's in keeping with the 'theme' of my front room mini-zoo, here's my other Volly masterpiece

As for the carpet viv, I just need to find somewhere local and cheap to get a load of fake foliage from, a few more hides, and it's ready to go as soon as she's big enough for it.

I don't want it to be a 'picture' thread, so any comments/suggestions about the viv please contribute
Lewis M, samurai, JustJack and 2 others like this.
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Regular

Nice job. Dunlem for your plants and stuff
Old 15-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie1 View Post
Nice job. Dunlem for your plants and stuff
I've heard of that before, where is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-02-2013, 07:14 PM
5 Star Member

Very nice My CP and corn should be getting the Volly treatment very soon...can't wait

I got foilage at a local flower stall at £1.50 a stem, and from ebay then i am going to be using flower pots while she's still growing as hides

edited to add: i also have a couple of finch breeding boxes to provide off the ground hide's as i want to see how she gets on with them

Crested Gecko's : Hobbyist Website : Careguide 101 : Available
Old 15-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Premier Member

I love making carpet Vivs, you know every part of it is gonna be used.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Super Citizen

Agreed, dunelm mill is cheap for plants nice viv, what are the dimensions? I like the bamboo branches, they look nice and sturdy.

You might want to put a shelf in there for when she/he's bigger? Mine prefer sitting on a flat wooden platform now they're big rather than the branches they loved when they were worms. Also a couple more hides? cork bark works well and if you prop it up against the wall they can use it as a branch as well is this for the fussy eater? Are you putting the snake in immediately or is this for later?

I'm just waiting for my stack from Volly then my babies can get the same treatment ;P can't wait!
Old 15-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimora View Post
Very nice My CP and corn should be getting the Volly treatment very soon...can't wait

I got foilage at a local flower stall at £1.50 a stem, and from ebay then i am going to be using flower pots while she's still growing as hides

edited to add: i also have a couple of finch breeding boxes to provide off the ground hide's as i want to see how she gets on with them
Does she use them? You got any pics?
Old 15-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimora View Post

I looked at those in B&Q, scared of her one day being too big for the door and getting trapped though :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER HANS View Post
I love making carpet Vivs, you know every part of it is gonna be used.
Hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char D View Post
Agreed, dunelm mill is cheap for plants nice viv, what are the dimensions? I like the bamboo branches, they look nice and sturdy.

You might want to put a shelf in there for when she/he's bigger? Mine prefer sitting on a flat wooden platform now they're big rather than the branches they loved when they were worms. Also a couple more hides? cork bark works well and if you prop it up against the wall they can use it as a branch as well is this for the fussy eater? Are you putting the snake in immediately or is this for later?

I'm just waiting for my stack from Volly then my babies can get the same treatment ;P can't wait!
It's almost 4ft wide, and almost 2ft deep, and a little over 3ft high lol. Had to specific as i've got limited space left in the front room! It's not finished yet, it is for the fussy eater so it's a good few months until she's going in it, got a fair bit more to put in yet, more hides most importantly, and i'll try and squeeze a shelf in
Char D likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 07:44 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char D View Post
Does she use them? You got any pics?
the finch boxes are upstairs awaiting the new viv's to arrive, but i did a trial on a bird nest/ straw woven box which she seemed to favor over the floor hides...

the straw was a bugger to clean if she pooped in it which is why i want to try the plywood boxes like this

Rough edge's have been filed since i took the picture and OH has drilled a couple of holes at the back to i can feed 2 cable ties in so i an attach to branches...want to give them a lick of paint or something just to add colour
Char D and scottie1 like this.

Crested Gecko's : Hobbyist Website : Careguide 101 : Available
Old 15-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Ultra Citizen

Looking good, like what you've done with the bamboo that may make its way into my carpets vivs