when will it end? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 26-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Hatchling
Default when will it end?

Will there be a point when morphs can't be bred together? There must be end somewhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2013, 08:38 AM
5 Star Member

I think so, as with everything sooner or later deformities will start arising, its natures way to keep a balance on things, and nature is one thing we cant control.

RIP little pedro.

3 boas - 1.1.0 , 1.1 fire skinks, 2 iggys, 3 boscs 1.2.0,
3 kings - 1.2.0, one female nile, 4 leopard geckos 1.3.0, 5 fish
4 rabbits 4 rats, 6 cats. 11 ferrets, 1 alaskan shepherd, 3 carpet pythons 2.1., 0.0.1 brb , one water dragon 1.0.0, 4 royal pythons 1.1.0, four corn snakes 2.2.0. 2 leos, 1 fire skink,
Old 26-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Premier Citizen

Will there be a point when morphs can't be bred together? There must be end somewhere
that's when normal royals will be worth a fortune.
mattandme2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Premier Citizen

So long as one scale shows a slight variation there will be new morphs

As far as deformities go are scaleless or neuro a deformity?
If the answer is yes then deformities are accepted as normal now

So no
It will never end
gazza1973, Paul F and Payne like this.

You can lead a fool to knowledge....But you cant make him think

http://www.facebook.com/longte

Old 26-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by longqi View Post
So long as one scale shows a slight variation there will be new morphs

As far as deformities go are scaleless or neuro a deformity?
If the answer is yes then deformities are accepted as normal now

So no
It will never end
Agree with this. Look at spider ball pythons or the scaleless corns, rat snakes and royals. People want them because they are attractive. As long as their is the demand there will be the intent to supply the newest morphs. Also look at desert ball pythons, the females do not lay viable clutches so that is, I suppose a deformity of a morph that to a degree affects reproduction.

Just began to make a blog, please subscribe and let me know what you think.

BlogSpot: http://nextgenerationexotics.blogspot.co.uk/

Please like my Facebook page as well :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Next-Generation-Exotics/552253228186902?ref=hl
Old 26-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeraymont View Post
Agree with this. Look at spider ball pythons or the scaleless corns, rat snakes and royals. People want them because they are attractive. As long as their is the demand there will be the intent to supply the newest morphs. Also look at desert ball pythons, the females do not lay viable clutches so that is, I suppose a deformity of a morph that to a degree affects reproduction.
Is it the snake that is attractive or is it the price tag of some of the morphs that's attractive, whether to breed and make money or just to boast that they paid a grand for a snake? If the nicest morphs out there were only £50 would people still be interested in them?
Paul F likes this.
0.1 albino (Kahl) BCI
1.1 guyana redtail BCC
1.1 Trinidad BCC
Old 26-11-2013, 02:30 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1973 View Post
Is it the snake that is attractive or is it the price tag of some of the morphs that's attractive, whether to breed and make money or just to boast that they paid a grand for a snake? If the nicest morphs out there were only £50 would people still be interested in them?
I'd say a bit of both, as well as the collectors mentality. For every new morph found/produced, they'll be thousands of people waiting to buy one, even if it looks like crap. Unfortunately, some snakes are now more like Pokémon cards than a living creature.

The question I'd like to have an answer to is, if all snakes were wild types, how many people would still keep them? Would species like royals and corns still be as popular as they are now? I don't think they would.

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

Before buying a royal python containing the spider gene, give this short video a watch. It may well change your mind http://youtu.be/JfTbiZ_dzVM
Old 26-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Gold Star Member

I suppose it might end when they breed legs back into them...
mattandme2 likes this.

"Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing." - Tolkein

>>www.denythefallen.com<<

If you can't follow something as simple as Wil Wheaton's Law, i have no time for you at all.
Old 26-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Super Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to mattandme2

skinks
0.0.4 Physignathus cocincinus
0.0.3 Agama mwanzae
0.0.1 Cyrtodactylus mansarulus
0.0.1 Lophognathus temporalis
Old 26-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldestblood View Post
I'd say a bit of both, as well as the collectors mentality. For every new morph found/produced, they'll be thousands of people waiting to buy one, even if it looks like crap. Unfortunately, some snakes are now more like Pokémon cards than a living creature.

The question I'd like to have an answer to is, if all snakes were wild types, how many people would still keep them? Would species like royals and corns still be as popular as they are now? I don't think they would.
I so agree with this! I was ranting to the misses a couple of days ago on how ball pythons have gotten so ridiculous. It's nothing but a fashion show and pokemon, gotta catch'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza1973 View Post
I'd say it's more for the bragging rights. I've seen it mostly in my community where keepers buy different morphs, no matter how much it costs, just to brag what they have. I am pretty much convinced that if the morph costed £50 people wouldn't put it on such a high pedestal, interest would definitely go down since everyone would be able to afford them.

In fact this kind of thing has happened before, it just moved. After they exhausted the morphs out of corn snakes the prices went down. Now they've become nothing but practice dummies for beginner breeders. It's being done the same to ball pythons.

Personally for me I see nothing special about ball pythons. They're extremely shy, picky eaters and stress my mind with worry way too much. I've also been repelled from owning one since they've become so objectified. In the 3years I've been into this hobby I've had more joy observing my plain nothing special BCI roaming around her cage than I've experienced with any other snake. But that's personal opinion
Fen likes this.

Last edited by Pyrite; 26-11-2013 at 02:48 PM..

Tags
snakes