The Things Some People Do... - Page 5 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 22-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by em_40 View Post
not all dogs no...
I really can see where you're coming from but you'll never know until the worst happens.
Animals are always unpredictable. You might think yours is a saint and can do no wrong but that's when the dangerous situations occur.

Yui - Western Hognose 0.1.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Super Regular

From my own perspective its the lack of respect that I don't like. Its putting animals at risk for no other reason than for a dumb photo and that's unacceptable no matter how low the risk. It's a privilege to be able to keep animals and that photo is an abuse of that.
I dont think someone with a reasonable IQ would do it thus its a reasonable assumption that the person who set the photo up is probably an idiot..and there was someone with a leopard skin onesie in the background which seals it
Old 22-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Premier Citizen

Enough said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.0.0 Dwarf Citron Tiger Het Albino Retic

150 litre Subtropical aquarium - Channa Pulchra

Follow me on Twitter @SpencerVmoss and Instagram SpencerVMoss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by limavictor426 View Post
From my own perspective its the lack of respect that I don't like. Its putting animals at risk for no other reason than for a dumb photo and that's unacceptable no matter how low the risk. It's a privilege to be able to keep animals and that photo is an abuse of that.
I dont think someone with a reasonable IQ would do it thus its a reasonable assumption that the person who set the photo up is probably an idiot..and there was someone with a leopard skin onesie in the background which seals it
What's peoples problem with leopard print? I have a leopard print onsie, and pjs, and trousers, and blankets. I'm obsessed with it, always have been, even before it was 'in fashion'. Liking leopard print doesn't lower your IQ or make you stupid, otherwise i wouldn't be a haematologist in a clinical laboratory. Although that doesn't make me exceptionally clever, just less dumb than some people lol. Leave leopard print alone
Old 22-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsty2474 View Post
What's peoples problem with leopard print? I have a leopard print onsie, and pjs, and trousers, and blankets. I'm obsessed with it, always have been, even before it was 'in fashion'. Liking leopard print doesn't lower your IQ or make you stupid, otherwise i wouldn't be a haematologist in a clinical laboratory. Although that doesn't make me exceptionally clever, just less dumb than some people lol. Leave leopard print alone
Ok I will concede in your case that you are not stupid, you just have really bad taste
Old 22-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by limavictor426 View Post
Ok I will concede in your case that you are not stupid, you just have really bad taste
Now that I can live with
limavictor426 likes this.
Old 22-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Super Regular

LOL, I feel bad now My wife's just hit me around the head as well...shes just told me that's she's wearing a leopard print top on boxing day
I think will exempt snakey lovers from the leopard print social stigma
Old 22-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan88 View Post
I'm sorry but you don't know this. All animals are unpredictable, especially dogs, you only have to watch the news to see 'family dogs' tear someone's face off for no reason.
I really disagree with this, the only issue with dogs turning is the way they have been trained or lack of training and not given the correct stimulation.
If I may mention guide dogs totally 100% trustworthy.
Having owned and trained dogs for 30 years they do get a bad deal pretty much the same as reptiles do.
This is just my opinion of course.
Nikkifer likes this.
Old 22-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvo View Post
I really disagree with this, the only issue with dogs turning is the way they have been trained or lack of training and not given the correct stimulation.

Having owned and trained dogs for 30 years they do get a bad deal pretty much the same as reptiles do.

No animal is 100% trustworthy, sorry but that's absolute *******

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.0.0 Dwarf Citron Tiger Het Albino Retic

150 litre Subtropical aquarium - Channa Pulchra

Follow me on Twitter @SpencerVmoss and Instagram SpencerVMoss
Old 22-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvo View Post
I have to disagree to a certain extent. When i was younger I broke my foot and so temporarilys slept downstairs and the family dog would curl up on top of the covers by my feet. One night, i woke in the middle of the night and made the stupid mistake of trying to give the dog a kiss on the head while she was sleeping. Safe to say, it gave her a spook and she bit my face, and still have the scars on my lip to show for it. I got up and turned the light on and she immediately realised what she had done, and kept sitting on me trying to lick my face.

I never did tell my parents what happened as I was worried how they would react despite it being my fault, but it was pretty obvious what had happened by he wounds. But the dog was allowed to stay, and nothing of the sort ever happened again. It wasn't down to training or the way she was treated, it was jut because it completely spooked her and it was natural instinct to protect herself.
limavictor426 likes this.