The Things Some People Do... - Page 6 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 22-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far2lively View Post
No animal is 100% trustworthy, sorry but that's absolute *******

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I have said give a healthy dog the correct stimulation and training you will not have any issues.
Please dont think that I am narrow minded I would not trust any of my snakes and I dont agree with the royal around the rotties neck, but I will defend dogs.
But I guess I will have to agree to disagree on this.
Ryanbrown89 and Fen like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvo View Post
I really disagree with this, the only issue with dogs turning is the way they have been trained or lack of training and not given the correct stimulation.
If I may mention guide dogs totally 100% trustworthy.
Having owned and trained dogs for 30 years they do get a bad deal pretty much the same as reptiles do.
This is just my opinion of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvo View Post
Like I have said give a healthy dog the correct stimulation and training you will not have any issues.
Please dont think that I am narrow minded I would not trust any of my snakes and I dont agree with the royal around the rotties neck, but I will defend dogs.
But I guess I will have to agree to disagree on this.
I'm sorry I have to disagree and I'll explain why, my best friend keeps horses, she has kept horses since knee high and has also been around dogs all her life, nearly 40 years, at one point she had 2 very well trained collie dogs, she'd had them since 11 weeks old and trained them herself, these dogs were well used to people, animals, life around a busy stables and the horses she kept, one day these 2 dogs came into the yard and stable area as normal, something they had done for years and for reasons only God himself can explain these 2 dogs attacked and killed a young newly born foal, I wont go into horrific details of what I witnessed but to cut a long story short I will never fully trust another dog around any type of animal & she has never had another dog again.

No matter how well they are trained and stimulated, I will never fully 100% trust another dog again, yes I know not all dogs are the same and you highlighted a very good example but speaking from experience, no 2 dogs are the same and you will get no 2 dogs which meet the criteria to be guide dogs, hearing dogs, dogs for the disabled etc etc, they don't all have what it takes.

Last edited by AilsaM; 22-12-2013 at 11:46 PM..
Old 22-12-2013, 11:46 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaM View Post
I'm sorry I have to disagree and I'll explain why, my best friend keeps horses, she has kept horses since knee high and has also been around dogs all her life, nearly 40 years, at one point she had 2 very well trained collie dogs, she'd had them since 11 weeks old and trained them herself, these dogs were well used to people, animals, life around a busy stables and the horses she kept, one day these 2 dogs came into the yard and stable area as normal, something they had done for years and for reasons only God himself can explain these 2 dogs attacked and killed a young newly born foal, I wont go into horrific details of what I witnessed but to cut a long story short I will never fully trust another dog around any type of animal & she has never had another dog again.
Total agreement with you Alisa. Mainly due to a similar experience of my own.

Training and proper care DEFINITELY decreases the likelihood of an accident but it does not eliminate it.

Perhaps an odd comparison but the only way to not have a baby is to not do the nasty. It doesn't matter how many methods one might use to prevent it, nothing is 100 percent certain unless someone just doesn't get into a situation where an accident might happen.

Same with animal encounters!

Yui - Western Hognose 0.1.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybob View Post
Total agreement with you Alisa. Mainly due to a similar experience of my own.

Training and proper care DEFINITELY decreases the likelihood of an accident but it does not eliminate it.

Perhaps an odd comparison but the only way to not have a baby is to not do the nasty. It doesn't matter how many methods one might use to prevent it, nothing is 100 percent certain unless someone just doesn't get into a situation where an accident might happen.

Same with animal encounters!
You can trained them brilliantly and provide them with the proper care which I do agree can decrease the likelihood of these things but it will not fully eliminate it 100%, at the end of the day a dog has the capability in it to maim, injury and kill not only other creatures but people too & no one can predict or know what will send a dog over the edge and attack.
Hollybob likes this.
Old 23-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
'It may be different for some dogs but not my dog', I'm sorry but famous last words, I have seen 'trusted' dogs turn and attack or bite and have seen the aftermath first hand, some of which is very graphic, there's not a chance in hell I would ever put any of my snakes in this position if I owned dogs.
Better get rid of all the worlds dogs then, just in case they attack someone/something.
Old 24-12-2013, 03:20 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlude View Post
Better get rid of all the worlds dogs then, just in case they attack someone/something.

Silly response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.0.0 Dwarf Citron Tiger Het Albino Retic

150 litre Subtropical aquarium - Channa Pulchra

Follow me on Twitter @SpencerVmoss and Instagram SpencerVMoss
Old 24-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:

What do you think when you see pictures like this?

I thought .....not another Royal post..... I was expecting a few pages of "what Morph is it" arguments....
1.0.0. Japanese Rat Snake - Yoshi
1.0.0. Carolina Corn - Cody
0.1.0. BCI - Elspeth
1.0.0 Amazon Tree Boa - Wotsit
Old 24-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Super Regular

I dont have much to say on the dog front, i dont have much experience with them, never owned one and never will. But i know for sure i'd never put my snake around my cat's neck. My cat isn't even in the room when i get the snake out...don't trust her.

But if dogs are as unpredictable as people say, it sounds like they should be living in solitude. No encounters with any animal or young children. :/
Old 24-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Ultra Citizen

You can't trust any animal 100% but I trust my 3 staffies more than I'd trust any person.
Plus I think a lot of people are forgetting, you are on a snake forum, snakes are among the most unpredictable animals kept in captivity, I can tell when my dogs sad, upset, happy ect, I've been bitten many a time out of the blue with no warning from snakes, it's a bit unfair to point this all at dogs here.
Old 24-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retic84 View Post
You can't trust any animal 100% but I trust my 3 staffies more than I'd trust any person.
Plus I think a lot of people are forgetting, you are on a snake forum, snakes are among the most unpredictable animals kept in captivity, I can tell when my dogs sad, upset, happy ect, I've been bitten many a time out of the blue with no warning from snakes, it's a bit unfair to point this all at dogs here.
I'm not sure anyone is singling the dogs out really. I guess it's more because dogs can be trained to a very high standard where snakes can't be?

I'd be more worried about my snake attacking than my dog but it's kind of got to a silly point in the argument as everyone seems to agree that they'd never allow this kind of behaviour.

Yui - Western Hognose 0.1.0