A very long car ride - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Egg
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Default A very long car ride

Hi,

Sooo we're moving and due to various reasons I can't sell the snake nor let someone take care of it for me.. that's why we have no option but to bring it along with us. The problem is that our new home is more than 1000 km away from here, that's why I wanted to ask: is it safe for the snake? Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Lil_nightmare's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Hi,

Sooo we're moving and due to various reasons I can't sell the snake nor let someone take care of it for me.. that's why we have no option but to bring it along with us. The problem is that our new home is more than 1000 km away from here, that's why I wanted to ask: is it safe for the snake? Thanks.

As long as it is adequately 'packaged' so to speak no reason why not, snakes get shipped from one end of the world to the other
__________________



Destinys_only_sin is the most amazingly amazing person ever.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Egg
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_nightmare View Post
As long as it is adequately 'packaged' so to speak no reason why not, snakes get shipped from one end of the world to the other
Ok, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Premier Citizen
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bali Indonesia
Posts: 2,439
Default

There are a couple of things to take into consideration

Outside temperatures
Cars heat up and cool down rapidly so if you are parking for a long time on a hot day dont leave the snake in the car

Transport temperatures
If its freezing outside watch you dont turn the car heater too hot

Packing
Polystyrene box full of shredded newspaper with the snake tucked up in there in a pillowcase is ideal
__________________


You can lead a fool to knowledge....But you cant make him think

http://www.facebook.com/longte



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Egg
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longqi View Post
There are a couple of things to take into consideration

Outside temperatures
Cars heat up and cool down rapidly so if you are parking for a long time on a hot day dont leave the snake in the car

Transport temperatures
If its freezing outside watch you dont turn the car heater too hot

Packing
Polystyrene box full of shredded newspaper with the snake tucked up in there in a pillowcase is ideal
Just the information I needed! We already bought a Polystyrene box from the pet shop, thanks. I just hope the car ride doesn't get too bumpy..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 28-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,132
Default

plus you can always take a hot water bottle and flask etc /buy tea and funnel it into hot water bottle half way take a thermometer and you can manualy do a half decent job of keeping him warm
__________________
excellent quality really cheap vivs any size look up VOLLY on here
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SE England Ride on hermit crab kid Off Topic Classifieds 4 24-08-2010 02:07 PM
we ride Doogerie Exotic Mammals 8 04-05-2009 02:16 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)