Urgently need help with my adult gtp - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 07-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Regular
Default Urgently need help with my adult gtp

I think my female has developed an ri rapidly, im in the north east (newcastle/northumberland) if anyone can help me, atm i have no money for a vet as im jist a student, she doesnt seem well at all, if anyone can help il pay them back further down the line, i m writing here because i dont know what else to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321 View Post
I think my female has developed an ri rapidly, im in the north east (newcastle/northumberland) if anyone can help me, atm i have no money for a vet as im jist a student, she doesnt seem well at all, if anyone can help il pay them back further down the line, i m writing here because i dont know what else to do
yeah send me ur bank details ill wire £1000 immediately.

seriously, If your vet is not able to help with a payment plan and you cant afford to look after it properly, id suggest giving it(for free) to someone who can.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Regular

I meant if someone has any meds at hand. Not money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Ultra Citizen

Why buy an animal if you can't afford vet bills? It's all part of looking after the welfare of the animal, if it becomes sick you take it to a vet.

Question; if you had a dog and it got hit by a car would you leave it with a broken leg because you couldn't afford the vet bill?
cobra759 and AilsaM like this.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Ultra Citizen

That's also illegal, most vet meds are prescription only as are human meds. You might as well be askin for someone to supply you with cocaine whilst your at it.
AilsaM likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
That would be incredibly illegal, and possibly deadly for the snake.

Follow Ricks advice, if your vet wont help you (they should, they have a duty of care) then you should give it to someone who can afford it.

This is the cost of owning a pet and the responsibility that comes with it.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
If you're not in a position to even buy medication, let alone pay vets bills, then giving the snake awayvto someone who can seems like the answer.

And by the sounds of it im guessing the snake needs professional help, not something prescribed from some loony on here (no offence to any non-loonies)
Ryanbrown89 likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:44 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell89 View Post
Why buy an animal if you can't afford vet bills? It's all part of looking after the welfare of the animal, if it becomes sick you take it to a vet.

Question; if you had a dog and it got hit by a car would you leave it with a broken leg because you couldn't afford the vet bill?
Whilst it might be fun rubbing peeps noses in the poo the OP is asking for help, I'm sure he's not the first & he definately wont be the last who doesn't have a bag of gold to hand to cover all eventualities so how about constructive comments rather than red hot pokers. If his snake doesn't recover he'll learn a valuable lesson, if he does get help well maybe he'll think about his situation in the future & what he can do if poo happens again. I'm not saying he's forgiven but a pokey stick isn't going to help fix his snake.

I'll get me coat

More about Aimo www.nosmia.me.uk/

More about Fleams
Old 07-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Ultra Citizen

I can afford the vet bills and also have space. Your not that far up the road for me to drive up to if you do feel it needs a better home.

Personally I'd head to the vets and ask about payment plans. Or sell your TV.

A GTP is an expensive animal to buy and maintain in the long run...
AilsaM likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:47 PM
5 Star Member

This is what I like about RFUK, one big helpful community of like minded caring reptile lovers.

More about Aimo www.nosmia.me.uk/

More about Fleams