To my snakey friends - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 30-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 2

i just came back on to tie up some pm's and stuff, and had to just clear something up -

putting her on ignore wont stop me being angry at rfuk, they are still allowing her to be on here.

not only does that take the piss out of everyone on here, and tells pauline that we dont mind what she's done, but can you imagine how this looks to the anti's/apa etc? the biggest uk reptile and exotic based forum allows a convicted animal abuser to be a member! do you not see how damaging this could be?

i know banning her wont stop her keeping animals, but at least she wouldn't be part of the rfuk family, classed as one of us. i don't want to be part of anything associated with her. rfuk has let us all down.

Old 30-04-2014, 11:35 AM
5 Star Member

The forum rules need to be changed. Sure, she's not broken any of the forum rules, but the amount of trouble and upset she's caused fellow members, the animals, and the hobby as a whole; should be grounds for a ban. We simply do NOT need to be associated with someone with so little regard for the animals we all love.

The message it gives out isn't good. It suggests we're willing turn a blind eye to cruelty, when in fact its something we need to stand up against. I can't see how members can be banned for using swear words, trolling, slating other members (or businesses) and causing arguments, yet we allow someone who's caused so much damage to continue posting. We need to distance ourselves from people like this, and make it clear that we do not tolerate cruelty and neglect.

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

Before buying a royal python containing the spider gene, give this short video a watch. It may well change your mind http://youtu.be/JfTbiZ_dzVM
Old 30-04-2014, 11:54 AM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSky View Post
i just came back on to tie up some pm's and stuff, and had to just clear something up -

putting her on ignore wont stop me being angry at rfuk, they are still allowing her to be on here.

not only does that take the piss out of everyone on here, and tells pauline that we dont mind what she's done, but can you imagine how this looks to the anti's/apa etc? the biggest uk reptile and exotic based forum allows a convicted animal abuser to be a member! do you not see how damaging this could be?

i know banning her wont stop her keeping animals, but at least she wouldn't be part of the rfuk family, classed as one of us. i don't want to be part of anything associated with her. rfuk has let us all down.

I do see what you mean (i really do) I would rather have you stay and her go.

It's like having the tyke who gets convicted for a crime against your family being allowed to camp in your garden.

RSPCA will not do anything regarding the spiders (they are not fluffy) so unless they find out that she is living in filth again nothing will happen.

Hope the spiders lay eggs in her face
Take them home and keep them in a
secure box and hope they don't escape
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Gold Star Member

I don't know her, and i don't know all the nitty gritty details, but if i'm in a position to sell her spiders, i will refuse.
I don't approve of witch hunts, and i approve of compassion for mentally ill people (that seems the most likely thing to me, though again, i don't know the details), but it's really a bad thing if someone who was convicted like this is then allowed on a forum to do with that...at the very least something should be done to her posting profile so that people know not to sell to her or listen to her advice...even allowing that at one time her advice was good (as AilsaM said on the other thread), i'd now be suspicious and would caution people against listening to her, with awareness of the danger of ad hominum logical fallacies...

Anyway, i get SilverSky's anger...that makes sense. I don't think i'll leave, but i really think the mods should think about the animals that they're indirectly encouraging her to keep by letting her remain and also about the community that could be dragged through the mud by association with her.

Again, this isn't me advocating a witch hunt...i hate those with a passion, but there are some deep issues here. The best way to help animals, us and even her is to not encourage her.

I suppose the argument that she builds up evidence against herself by being on here is one thing, and also there's the danger of her going underground if she was kicked off...but i still think our opposition is very important, to prove to all that are against us that we care 100% for the animals first and don't tolerate cruelty.
245T likes this.

"Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing." - Tolkein

>>www.denythefallen.com<<

If you can't follow something as simple as Wil Wheaton's Law, i have no time for you at all.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:06 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcherry View Post
I do see what you mean (i really do) I would rather have you stay and her go.

It's like having the tyke who gets convicted for a crime against your family being allowed to camp in your garden.

RSPCA will not do anything regarding the spiders (they are not fluffy) so unless they find out that she is living in filth again nothing will happen.

Hope the spiders lay eggs in her face
Actually Max, many spiders ARE fluffy. It's the lack of backbone that prejudices the law against them...
Demonique likes this.

"Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing." - Tolkein

>>www.denythefallen.com<<

If you can't follow something as simple as Wil Wheaton's Law, i have no time for you at all.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
i know banning her wont stop her keeping animals, but at least she wouldn't be part of the rfuk family, classed as one of us
The what ?
Paul F likes this.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:

I agree with this whole heartedly and now I think am considering leaving this forum as well.
Demonique, Retic84 and Jamie25 like this.
Old 30-04-2014, 01:47 PM
5 Star Member

If she drifts over to the snake section, I'll be leaving too. No way am I going to be associated with a forum that allows someone like her to post on. She hurt a lot of people on here, and since she's the one abusing animals, it should be her who's forced to leave.
corpselight, AilsaM, mitsi and 1 others like this.

Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."

Before buying a royal python containing the spider gene, give this short video a watch. It may well change your mind http://youtu.be/JfTbiZ_dzVM
Old 30-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Gold Star Member

Goodbye old friend, you shall be missed

I can't believe how cheap I'm doing him for now !!!
4 gene male dwarf Retic £400
This prices include full setup!!!!!

dwarf retic
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...l#post12161744
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...l#post12161755
Old 30-04-2014, 07:41 PM
No Life Member

as someone has said, if you all feel so strongly, why don't each of you write a PM to the section mod in snakes or spiders...just pick one and all PM them.

I am sure if many PM's were sent, or one PM sent on behalf of several members/many members, then it would be taken to the private mod/admin section and at least discussed between the mods and admin?
AilsaM and mitsi like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper941 View Post
I'm just saying, I'm a callous person. That mother makes me look like Aunty Shaz.
Winner of :-Most friendly Member 2012 & 2015 Most welcoming member(18+) 2012 Member you would ask for advice 2012 & 2015 Member you most want a cuppa with 2012 Forummer of the year 2012 Good egg award 2015, member you would most love to cuddle 2015 And 3rd place in Person you canít help but love 2012,