Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

View Poll Results: banned if found guilty
yes 117 87.31%
no 17 12.69%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 30

I totally agree with what people are saying, but there is a couple f problems this has, the forum rules are there for the forum, not outside of it, it's there to make sure that everyone has a chance to speak share experiences , the member in question hasn't actually broke the forum rules so a bann would serve no purpose, I am sure the banning of members is usually done in a way here they h e to break so many rules for a bann over a certain period f time to be give , I the rules are constantly broke then the rules do say that it can happen. The second issue is, there is many on here who have done the same would just make a secon account via a different ip, and then there is the friends that can do this and that or that person through the forum too, granted rfuk is one of the bigger ad more well known forums but it isn't the only forum, the law hasn't stoppe her from fou on those this one or gumtree or where ever, tbh the rules are for the forum no what goes on outside of it, the member in questions expirience could be used as an example. Saying that it is best if the mods reply but so far the rule haven't been broken, I can see why this might anger people but this is probably why the member has t been banned.
HABU likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 PM
5 Star Member

Is there anyway the mods could put a post on the classifieds stating a warning of not to sell to her, maybe outlining the case ie the main points of it. This would surely stop some if not most on here from selling to her once her ban is up.

RIP little pedro.

3 boas - 1.1.0 , 1.1 fire skinks, 2 iggys, 3 boscs 1.2.0,
3 kings - 1.2.0, one female nile, 4 leopard geckos 1.3.0, 5 fish
4 rabbits 4 rats, 6 cats. 11 ferrets, 1 alaskan shepherd, 3 carpet pythons 2.1., 0.0.1 brb , one water dragon 1.0.0, 4 royal pythons 1.1.0, four corn snakes 2.2.0. 2 leos, 1 fire skink,
Old 02-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Premier Member

Late in on todays crap.
First,Mynki, folk did not know at first what she was like,she was a friend of mine and apparently knew her stuff.When it first came to light,the first rspca visit and the problem with electrics,folk tried to find out about the animals,the normal response if any was they had been seized,of she totaly ignored folk.
There is no blame to be put on any of the folk who's animals she had.
Second, as i keep saying,its a private forum so no eed for any rules to be broke to ban her, She should be banned so folk like Kathy can have a little peace from her and to show that this forum and the hobby will not tolerate animal abuse.
KathyM, AilsaM and coldestblood like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salazare Slytherin View Post
I totally agree with what people are saying, but there is a couple f problems this has, the forum rules are there for the forum, not outside of it, it's there to make sure that everyone has a chance to speak share experiences , the member in question hasn't actually broke the forum rules so a bann would serve no purpose, I am sure the banning of members is usually done in a way here they h e to break so many rules for a bann over a certain period f time to be give , I the rules are constantly broke then the rules do say that it can happen. The second issue is, there is many on here who have done the same would just make a secon account via a different ip, and then there is the friends that can do this and that or that person through the forum too, granted rfuk is one of the bigger ad more well known forums but it isn't the only forum, the law hasn't stoppe her from fou on those this one or gumtree or where ever, tbh the rules are for the forum no what goes on outside of it, the member in questions expirience could be used as an example. Saying that it is best if the mods reply but so far the rule haven't been broken, I can see why this might anger people but this is probably why the member has t been banned.

The problem is though that she could well already be using another username. As much as she's shown some gall she is likely to create a new account to get snakes when the ban's lifted anyway. Either way the board plays it, it won't prevent her doing it again. The problem I have with her staying on that username is that 1. we're not allowed to give negative feedback as the rescue was not done through a classifieds ad and 2. she could show her 100% postiive feedback to anyone who didn't know of her and they wouldn't necessarily go on to search her name and find these threads. Naming and shaming isn't normally allowed, and although I appreciate that the mods have been very very relaxed with that in her case, eventually these threads will fade away and there's nothing to indicate that she's a convicted animal abuser on her profile. She can delete any comments that are public on her profile too so it can't be got around that way. She has already proven that she will go out of her way to avoid being detected, as within minutes of me posting the other day that I had been watching her comings and goings, she'd disabled the function of being able to see her log in times on her profile. Either way she can get snakes without batting an eyelid. I'd rather see her profile marked somehow. I would also like, if she is to stay and/or her profile will still be able to be seen, to be able to give her negative feedback too.
AilsaM likes this.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Premier Citizen

People keep banging on about her having a mental illness, but that doesn't mean she wasn't aware of what she was doing. The only clear issue is hoarding tendencies, that does not mean that she was not fully aware of the cruelty she was infliciting. If you have a mental illness, it doesn't necessarily mean that you do not know what you are doing and the consequences of doing ir. Her behavior was disgusting, and now she has shown herself to be a devious, vile, manipluative cretin. And that's not because she is mentally ill, that is just because she is a piece of human being.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1 View Post
Late in on todays crap.
First,Mynki, folk did not know at first what she was like,she was a friend of mine and apparently knew her stuff.When it first came to light,the first rspca visit and the problem with electrics,folk tried to find out about the animals,the normal response if any was they had been seized,of she totaly ignored folk.
There is no blame to be put on any of the folk who's animals she had.
Second, as i keep saying,its a private forum so no eed for any rules to be broke to ban her, She should be banned so folk like Kathy can have a little peace from her and to show that this forum and the hobby will not tolerate animal abuse.
On really thinking about it, me wanting a ban or some sort of labelling on her profile isn't about comeback for me (cos I don't feel I deserve it even if others do), but it's about Pauline. She is not getting the message, or if she is, she's laughing at it. I would say it's to deter her from buying more but I really can't see anything doing that.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Posting Deity
Send a message via MSN to HABU

i killed a stinkbug today... well, actually i tossed it into the toilet and it drowned slowly...

i'm banned i suppose...

Amber and Paul F like this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
On really thinking about it, me wanting a ban or some sort of labelling on her profile isn't about comeback for me (cos I don't feel I deserve it even if others do), but it's about Pauline. She is not getting the message, or if she is, she's laughing at it. I would say it's to deter her from buying more but I really can't see anything doing that.
she is never going to be deterred from getting more,look at when the dog was taken,a week or 2 later she had another.
I want to see her banned as a show of support for us and to condemn animal abuse.Even after her ban from the courts is up she should not be allowed back on
My stance on it and nobody is going to change it
KathyM, jarvo and mitsi like this.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:44 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABU View Post
i killed a stinkbug today... well, actually i tossed it into the toilet and it drowned slowly...

i'm banned i suppose...
some of your post are funny, THIS AINT ONE OF THEM
get a grip
Old 02-05-2014, 07:44 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
The problem is though that she could well already be using another username. As much as she's shown some gall she is likely to create a new account to get snakes when the ban's lifted anyway. Either way the board plays it, it won't prevent her doing it again. The problem I have with her staying on that username is that 1. we're not allowed to give negative feedback as the rescue was not done through a classifieds ad and 2. she could show her 100% postiive feedback to anyone who didn't know of her and they wouldn't necessarily go on to search her name and find these threads. Naming and shaming isn't normally allowed, and although I appreciate that the mods have been very very relaxed with that in her case, eventually these threads will fade away and there's nothing to indicate that she's a convicted animal abuser on her profile. She can delete any comments that are public on her profile too so it can't be got around that way. She has already proven that she will go out of her way to avoid being detected, as within minutes of me posting the other day that I had been watching her comings and goings, she'd disabled the function of being able to see her log in times on her profile. Either way she can get snakes without batting an eyelid. I'd rather see her profile marked somehow. I would also like, if she is to stay and/or her profile will still be able to be seen, to be able to give her negative feedback too.
Like I said I don't disagree with you and can see all the points raised, my own opinion is irrelevant as far as the rules go as they stand at the moment, tbh if she was sussed she wansnt exactly not popular or not well known on a forum as widely used as this one I am sure someone would say something, but then that doesn't ignore the pm problem, going to the point above this one the forum can be moderated ad the rules can be changed easily but does that mean that the rules are then going to change for everyone every time they hit a bump? I am sure there will be a way to do it I seriously doubt the mods will be ignoring it and reading I would think they are talking about it ad deciding how best to do it. anyways im dissapearig in peace guys, didn't come to debate or argue either see just putting in some input, snake feeding time for me.
KathyM and AilsaM like this.
Closed Thread

Tags
rules