Corn viv bild - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 27-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Hatchling
Smile Corn viv bild

I want to build a background for my corn snakes viv. I want it to have hides coming out from it. What is the best material to build it from could I use paper masque and If not what. Also what are reptile safe paint s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 23

I have before used expanding foam, cut it into shape and then covered it in grout, on top of that you can also put sand. Reptile safe paints i am not too sure of... The cool thing about expanding foam is that it is quite light and you can sink hides and other things like plant pots into it whilst it is setting. There are many guides on youtube which explain the process more clearly as it takes quite a bit to make it reptile safe. You can also use regular polystyrene and such styles can be found on the channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LizardLandscapes
Those projects are very informing and useful, but it is really up to you on what you want to build,
Thanks,
Philo
Old 27-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Premier Citizen

Paint wise, I would use acrylics and put some kind of varnish or sealer over the top. If you leave the sealer to dry, then the paint will be sealed beneath it and should be safe.
Baron Lipton VonSnudge- CB14 Snow Corn.

Tags
build , corn snake , vivarium