Yellow Anaconda progress thread - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 28-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uromastyxman View Post
Mine used to be like that as a neonate. He would just come up slowly and eat it gently. As he's got older he has now become the fastest and hardest striker in the collection. He's on it in about 2 seconds from when I dangle the rat. No hesitation at all now.
That's good to know, do you change up the food items or just feed one food type ?

ASK THE POWERFUL 5 QUESTIONS:
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?
In whose interests do you exercise it?
To whom are you accountable?
How do we get rid of you?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3d View Post
That's good to know, do you change up the food items or just feed one food type ?
Chicks, rats, multis. I've tried fish but he didn't keep it down, which I found odd for a water going snake.
Dr3d likes this.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.
Old 28-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Chicks, rats, multis. I've tried fish but he didn't keep it down, which I found odd for a water going snake.
We had 2 chick legs left over from a couple a non feeders we have and gave them to the yellow. He took them no issues followed by a rat pup, he had a fluffy mouse last week, doesn't seem to fussed about different food.

I was watching a vid on youtube about 20 minutes ago looking at semi aquatic set up's, the guy had a tank under his yellow's enclosure he introduced 8, 15lb catfish to the set up, he only has 2 left now the yellow female was around 9 feet.
Uromastyxman, Always and AmuChamu like this.

What power have you got?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
We had 2 chick legs left over from a couple a non feeders we have and gave them to the yellow. He took them no issues followed by a rat pup, he had a fluffy mouse last week, doesn't seem to fussed about different food.

I was watching a vid on youtube about 20 minutes ago looking at semi aquatic set up's, the guy had a tank under his yellow's enclosure he introduced 8, 15lb catfish to the set up, he only has 2 left now the yellow female was around 9 feet.
That soun interesting, could you post a link to it please mate as I'm struggling to fin it?
Dr3d and Always like this.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.
Old 28-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
That soun interesting, could you post a link to it please mate as I'm struggling to fin it?

If you read down the comments you will see what I was saying about the catfish LoL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDIxYGwL3E
Always likes this.

What power have you got?
Old 28-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
what's the feeding response like with yours fella ??

Reason I ask is this lad we have here has manors, no snatch an grab just a smooth open the mouth and softly takes his food, never seen a more gentle snake to feed..... I've said it now and jinxed myself....

Mine is the same however he has once done a snatch and grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr3d likes this.

Follow me on Flickr for regular photos of my animals and set ups!
Old 28-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Forum Citizen
Default Yellow Anaconda progress thread

When my boy is bigger he'll be getting guinea pigs, rabbits, rats and perhaps snakes. I would like to try the catfish though!
As of now he is on small mice.

Old 28-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always View Post
When my boy is bigger he'll be getting guinea pigs, rabbits, rats and perhaps snakes. I would like to try the catfish though!
As of now he is on small mice.

Sorry about clogging up ya thread. I could see catfish being an expensive meal in this country.

I will also feed rabbits to ours when it gets big enough, I will be feeding rabbits to the big boa's also. If I could get guinea pigs for a half sensible price I would use these aswell, saying that I fed my big female boa 20 years back on guinea pigs and she wouldn't touch anything else after only pigs..

What power have you got?
Old 28-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Sorry about clogging up ya thread. I could see catfish being an expensive meal in this country.

I will also feed rabbits to ours when it gets big enough, I will be feeding rabbits to the big boa's also. If I could get guinea pigs for a half sensible price I would use these aswell, saying that I fed my big female boa 20 years back on guinea pigs and she wouldn't touch anything else after only pigs..

No worries, buddy. You're helping to keep it alive, getting more people to check it out!

Old 28-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Forum Citizen

dunno if this has been asked only been skim reading, but where did you get him from. saw some a few years ago but they were import so i decided not to go for them

Tags
picture , snake , update , water , yellow anaconda