Who's got the BIGGEST Colubrid on RFUK? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 17-11-2014, 06:42 PM
Premier Citizen
Default Who's got the BIGGEST Colubrid on RFUK?

So who among us has the biggest Colubrid on RFUK in their collection?

I'd like to know who has the longest. There will no doubt be some Asian Ratsnakes going for that title. Blue Beauties, Tai beauties etc etc, who knows who may come out tops, Some Ptyas hiding out there Perhaps?

Then the heaviest Colubrid. What will we see? Indigos? Cribos? FWC's, Bulls?

I really cannot wait to see what giant colubrids are out there.

Who will take the title for the longest and the heaviest? This might actually indicate what the biggest and longest colubrids actually are, because this is all debatable. And is it possible that one particular specimen could actually be the longest and the heaviest?

Pictures please, let's see those BIG ONES.
JohnC and lew123 like this.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.

Last edited by Uromastyxman; 17-11-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Premier Citizen
Reviews: 23
Send a message via MSN to Twiglet

Ooooh! I shall enjoy watching this one!
I shall endeavour to get some pics of my bigger colubrids for you later in the week when they aren't all full of rats and chicks.
Old 17-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Forum Citizen

well tbh uro anyone whos got anythin like a indigo snake has won most rat snakes only reach 7-8 ft at a push. haha my texas rats 6 ft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Ultra Citizen

I doubt if she will take the record for length at just about 8ft but this girl is as thick as my forearm and eats the same size jumbo rats as my Retics, Burms and Boas. I have no idea what she weighs as she would never stay still long enough to fit on a scale. I would guess a VVB is likely to be the longest colubrid since they can top 10ft.

Last edited by RoninUK; 17-11-2014 at 07:48 PM..
Old 17-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Forum Citizen

Not easy taking a shot for scale, but Easterns are pretty chunky monkeys, wouldn't win for length but for power per square inch, you'll struggle to compete.

Fangio, robuk, Keiron and 19 others like this.
Old 17-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50%man50%biscuit View Post
Not easy taking a shot for scale, but Easterns are pretty chunky monkeys, wouldn't win for length but for power per square inch, you'll struggle to compete.

That look like a nice big boy? Do you have any full body shots mate? I'd love to compare it to my boy, who's about 7 feet.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.
Old 17-11-2014, 08:00 PM
No Life Member

definitely not the biggest (he's very small for an indigo at around 5ft), but he's certainly got bulk

as taking pictures of him is near impossible, thats about the best picture of him that exists.
Old 17-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Premier Member

The Boy wilfred,not with me now, 7ft+ of Bull
di
Old 17-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Ultra Citizen

Not the biggest I am sure but he's a beefy boy,

I think indigos are always going to win this battle though

''..An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men..''
Charles Darwin

Old 17-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 6

I think unless somebody (Roman, maybe?) can produce a particularly big Spilotes or Blue Beauty, 50%man50%biscuit will cakewalk this one, at least in terms of girth.

My longest is my biggest Thrasops jacksoni, which is a very long and thin 9'2", but it is an extremely ribbon-like and attenuate snake so is not going to be winning any weight competitions.

My heaviest, all round largest snake is my big male Coachwhip, at about 7', but again it is not a particularly heavy-bodied snake.

The largest colubrids I have seen are both Spilotes; S. pullatus ,which can supposedly reach 14', and S. sulphureus which apparently reaches a similar size... but in terms of weight and girth I think Indigos would take them.

Tags
biggest colubrid