Respiritory Infection Lavender Albino Ball Python - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 26-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi View Post
How long was the snake in transit?
I'm based in Bromley Kent, they are in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
There is no way symptoms could be that severe from one day of transit. It does nor work that way.
True. Just read the original post again - I was playing Devils Advocate... but it does seems that there is some.. avoidance of responsibilty here

So long as the animal gets appropriate care that's all that really matters.
Demonique likes this.
Old 26-11-2014, 05:35 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enS1ns View Post
So long as the animal gets appropriate care that's all that really matters.
And that is the most important thing my friend. If that snake is sent back in this condition, I can not see it turning out well for the snake. The seller should be taking care of the vet bill in my opinion.

Suspension Incubation containers www.squamataconcepts.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
And that is the most important thing my friend. If that snake is sent back in this condition, I can not see it turning out well for the snake. The seller should be taking care of the vet bill in my opinion.
Completely agree.
Demonique and dazzlah like this.
Old 27-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by essexchondro View Post
Some good advice here. Just one small correction, though. RI's generally aren't viral, instead they're bacterial...which is why antibiotics are often prescribed (antibiotics don't work on viruses).
There has been a virus identified though, could be the cause of many ri's Ball python nidovirus: a candidate etiologic agent for severe respi... - PubMed - NCBI
Vets have to treat for something and are only looking for bacteria. Hence the antibios, which at least should help with any opportunistic secondary infections which may be getting the blame even though they may not be the root cause.
Granted the research is from america but thats where all our morphs came from! So its bound to be over here as well.
Old 27-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by studley View Post
There has been a virus identified though, could be the cause of many ri's Ball python nidovirus: a candidate etiologic agent for severe respi... - PubMed - NCBI
Vets have to treat for something and are only looking for bacteria. Hence the antibios, which at least should help with any opportunistic secondary infections which may be getting the blame even though they may not be the root cause.
Granted the research is from america but thats where all our morphs came from! So its bound to be over here as well.
Given the mass breeding / inbreeding of ball pythons this perhaps should not come as a shock to us.

To the OP, I hope your little fella pulls through. The seller should take responsibility in this instance. This is bad business and I would like to think their business values mean more to them rather than to be called out on the UK's largest reptile forum for comment...
Demonique and dazzlah like this.
Old 28-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Super Regular

Just an up-date to those interested. I found out there are 2 Johns at Genetic Gems. The John who delivered the animal works for Genetic Gems only; the other John is partner to Pro-Racks & Genetic Gems. The John who delivered the animal works for Genetic Gems only, it was this John who sent me the texts, and who tried to pass the buck.

I got a email response from the latter John yesterday morning; he refunded half the cost of the animal (£310) and said he would refund the remaining £310 in cash when I bought the snake back. Fortunately for the snake, that email came too late as I had already committed to veterinary treatment by then - I intend to use that refund towards the snake’s veterinary care. I will keep you posted on its progress here.

Golgarth, Dr3d, Dibles and 1 others like this.
Old 28-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlah View Post
Just an up-date to those interested. I found out there are 2 Johns at Genetic Gems. The John who delivered the animal works for Genetic Gems only; the other John is partner to Pro-Racks & Genetic Gems. The John who delivered the animal works for Genetic Gems only, it was this John who sent me the texts, and who tried to pass the buck.

I got a email response from the latter John yesterday morning; he refunded half the cost of the animal (£310) and said he would refund the remaining £310 in cash when I bought the snake back. Fortunately for the snake, that email came too late as I had already committed to veterinary treatment by then - I intend to use that refund towards the snake***8217;s veterinary care. I will keep you posted on its progress here.

I liked this post only because you have at least got some money from the guy to help with your vet bill's. Hope the little one gets sorted out... you should have had all vet's bill's paid for or a full refund to cover your costs
Demonique and Dibles like this.

ASK THE POWERFUL 5 QUESTIONS:
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?
In whose interests do you exercise it?
To whom are you accountable?
How do we get rid of you?"
Old 29-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Super Regular

Lower body swelling...

Old 29-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Premier Member