Heaviest python - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Well, the only thing you have on Anastacia is really just that, personal estimations, and from photos only. I searched the web for pictures of big burms (have about 1 hundred in my disk) and i have never come across any that i could say "wow, dwarfs Anastacia completely"! Not 1. Yes, sure, i've seen a few that appear somewhat bigger, perhaps being some 15 or 20 pounds bigger at most, but for a beast to be a full hundred pounds above Anastacia is crazy. I'll believe if i see pictures, don't resent my skepticism on this one, Steve.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 10:01 AM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
Well, the only thing you have on Anastacia is really just that, personal estimations, and from photos only. I searched the web for pictures of big burms (have about 1 hundred in my disk) and i have never come across any that i could say "wow, dwarfs Anastacia completely"! Not 1. Yes, sure, i've seen a few that appear somewhat bigger, perhaps being some 15 or 20 pounds bigger at most, but for a beast to be a full hundred pounds above Anastacia is crazy. I'll believe if i see pictures, don't resent my skepticism on this one, Steve.
i don't resent your skepticism at all jimmy I'm just stating that from photos of your girl anastacia she was in the 200lb region,after all those burms were not owned by me so im not really too fussed if you believe them or not mate.
I know my giants,as you know ive measured and weighed many of them,your original claims/estimations of her weight were a long way off tbh,anastacia clearly didnt have a girth over 30in that much is obvious,I've seen many pics of her including around your neck and in all honesty yes she's big but my no means close to the biggest burms I've seen,it's up to you if you believe that mate but anastacia was big but by no means ridiculous like a couple I've seen.
You said she was 5.25 metres(17ft 2in)long and even with a 30in girth that makes for a burm in the 200lb region,that's a fact mate I've weighed several in that size range myself,the burms I've mentioned to you were well known burms,one was on display and the other was given a double page spread in a national paper,many have seen those girls and they were immense to say the least,it truly doesn't matter to me whether you believe them in all honesty mate.

If your girl was in the 17 to 18ft range with a 30in girth she still wouldn't be much over 200lbs mate that's the honest truth given all my experience measuring and weighing burms that size,you yourself have stated that you never weighed her both on here and other forums,I can only judge on what I've seen and in all your photos of anastacia I see the same results tbh,I'm being honest with you jimmy nothing more

Last edited by steve d; 08-12-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 10:48 AM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 10:58 AM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

I put these two photos up to show you what I mean jimmy,tiny the tiger in the top pic has a girth of 27in in the top photo at 20ft 7in long and weighed 244lbs at the time of that photo before i dieted her down to 220lbs,I'd definately say anastacia was very close to that girth in your photo I posted give or take an inch or two,obviously anastacia as you,ve stated is also 3ft 5in shorter than tiny too so do you see my point about her bodyweight,their girths in these photos were pretty similar IMHO but even if one was 2in girthier than the other it will make very little difference to my point.
What are your thoughts?
Also bare in mind I'm around 255lbs in that photo myself.
In all honesty I'd put anastacia over 200lbs but under 220lbs IMHO

Last edited by steve d; 08-12-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 06:11 PM
sherburt's Avatar
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,028
Default

How heavy do you estimate the Burmese to be Jimmy? Very nice large example . From the photos Steve has put I would say Tiny the retic doesn't appear to have a lesser girth and I think we all agree to whatever extent that Tiny is longer. I couldn't honestly give an exact guess on what either snake weighs from these pictures but I can say Tiny is clearly heavier so the Burm will have weighed in this picture under whatever Tiny weighed in her picture.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Nice photo, Steve You have to share more of those!
Well, i'll be honest, that pic where i have Anastacia around my shoulders is one of the oldest ones (i didn't even had a digital camera back then, lol). I have other pics of her, later in life, with much more visible girth on. Now i'm not really sure what a "fatty" burm around the 17-18 foot area should weight, (heck, perhaps you're right, maybe 200 pounds is correct, even though i would assume more) but i haven't seen those many burms that have grown too much above that. I think the very longest on record was Baby, at 5.75 meters or something or the sort. So, even if others out there are longer than Anastacia ever was, maybe we are talking 5.30 or 5.40 or so... certainly not 6 meters or anything above, wich i think would have to be necessary to add a full 100 pounds (unless that burm was really Craaaaazy fat). I don't know, i would have to check a pic to be able to speak further.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
Default

Here's a funny pic, from when she was already thicker than that "on my shoulders" photo! A funny story follows that pic. A stripper asked me to perform with Anastacia, i said she wouldn't have the strength, but she just wouldn't listen... well, she fell down on her ass, couldn't move at all, and it took a bunch of bikers and myself to climb onstage and get the snake off of her, LOL. What an hilarious performance!

Demonique and steve d like this.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
Nice photo, Steve You have to share more of those!
Well, i'll be honest, that pic where i have Anastacia around my shoulders is one of the oldest ones (i didn't even had a digital camera back then, lol). I have other pics of her, later in life, with much more visible girth on. Now i'm not really sure what a "fatty" burm around the 17-18 foot area should weight, (heck, perhaps you're right, maybe 200 pounds is correct, even though i would assume more) but i haven't seen those many burms that have grown too much above that. I think the very longest on record was Baby, at 5.75 meters or something or the sort. So, even if others out there are longer than Anastacia ever was, maybe we are talking 5.30 or 5.40 or so... certainly not 6 meters or anything above, wich i think would have to be necessary to add a full 100 pounds (unless that burm was really Craaaaazy fat). I don't know, i would have to check a pic to be able to speak further.
believe me I know how unbelievable it sounds jimmy I really do,I would never expect you to believe blindly even though I've always been 100% honest with you as long as I've known you,I'm the first to say that no ones word should be taken as proof,that's a simple fact,I will try and get that newspaper photo for you I really will,I know my local rep shop did have the photo but I haven't visited for a while so I'm unsure if they still have it.
I can tell you from experience that I measured and weighed two burms in the 17 to 17.5ft range,one weighed 98kg and the other 87kg,honestly I'd put anastacia in between those two in the photo around your neck,if you say she grew from that point she could obviously look heavier but I'd have to see newer comparison photos to give an honest opinion
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
Here's a funny pic, from when she was already thicker than that "on my shoulders" photo! A funny story follows that pic. A stripper asked me to perform with Anastacia, i said she wouldn't have the strength, but she just wouldn't listen... well, she fell down on her ass, couldn't move at all, and it took a bunch of bikers and myself to climb onstage and get the snake off of her, LOL. What an hilarious performance!

image
thats a funny story lol,even from this pic though she still doesn't look over 30in in girth in all honesty
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
Here's a funny pic, from when she was already thicker than that "on my shoulders" photo! A funny story follows that pic. A stripper asked me to perform with Anastacia, i said she wouldn't have the strength, but she just wouldn't listen... well, she fell down on her ass, couldn't move at all, and it took a bunch of bikers and myself to climb onstage and get the snake off of her, LOL. What an hilarious performance!

image
ive got to say this pic certainly doesn't do much for anastacia's appearance lengthwise in all honesty
Dr3d likes this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
big , burms , large , retics , weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the heaviest corn hatchling...... Pauline Snakes 9 10-07-2012 09:09 PM
your heaviest crested gecko weight? jenjen01 Lizards 17 24-02-2012 04:23 PM
Who has the heaviest....... opakg Snakes 10 30-11-2011 06:03 PM
Longest / heaviest snake on RFUK ???? volly Snakes 11 26-03-2011 02:40 AM
Biggest/heaviest Crestie. Fordyl2k Lizards 22 25-03-2011 10:18 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)