Heaviest python - Page 7 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #61 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 06:54 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3d View Post
Quality, from the top pic all stretched out straight with people all by her it looked croaked.
nah mate shes defo alive and well,if you look close her mouth is taped in the photo
Dr3d likes this.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #62 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 06:58 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default this was fluffy at her bulkiest,huge girth

Dr3d likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Dr3d's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Walsall Area
Posts: 8,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve d View Post
Amazing is fluffy one of yours then all these names I cant remember, tiny is one of yours correct ??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
It's not the falling that'll kill you. It's the sudden stop when you hit the floor.

ASK THE POWERFUL 5 QUESTIONS:
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?
In whose interests do you exercise it?
To whom are you accountable?
How do we get rid of you?"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #64 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 07:03 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3d View Post
Amazing is fluffy one of yours then all these names I cant remember, tiny is one of yours correct ??
no this is fluffy that belonged to bob Clark then Columbus zoo before she died,before she died she was measured twice at 20ft 1in and 20ft 2in and weighed at 99.4kg but she had lost bodyweight at the 99.4kg weigh in whereas in the pic I posted she was definately heavier in build.

Yeah tiny is one of mine
Demonique likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Dr3d's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Walsall Area
Posts: 8,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve d View Post
no this is fluffy that belonged to bob Clark then Columbus zoo before she died,before she died she was measured twice at 20ft 1in and 20ft 2in and weighed at 99.4kg but she had lost bodyweight at the 99.4kg weigh in whereas in the pic I posted she was definately heavier in build.

Yeah tiny is one of mine

ok gotcha, thought that guy had to much hair to be you

Tell me something steve, with tiny being as big as she is, can she still move fast E.G striking as say a smaller 10 footer can or is everything done a lot more calculated..?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
It's not the falling that'll kill you. It's the sudden stop when you hit the floor.

ASK THE POWERFUL 5 QUESTIONS:
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?
In whose interests do you exercise it?
To whom are you accountable?
How do we get rid of you?"
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:11 AM
Ultra Citizen
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDavid View Post
That's a good observation, Steve. Makes one wonder... All caresheets will tell you otherwise, but they don't make this sidenote observation, ever. Anacondas for some reason seem to have a limited growth (and that, yes, includes weight) in captivity, most like afrocks, and never reach the sizes seen in nature, whereas burms and retics adapt very well to captivity and show their true potential there (although, in many cases, going obese as well).
For many years, the 2 ambassador giants of each specie (burms and retics) were "baby" and "Fluffy", does anyone know if there were reliable weights on those 2? I'm guessing Baby outweighed Fluffy ridiculously, but i would like to see trustable data anyway.
Twinkie the retic was another massive porker and was the largest snake in the world for a time (before she snuffed it earlier this year)
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2014, 08:07 AM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonique View Post
Twinkie the retic was another massive porker and was the largest snake in the world for a time (before she snuffed it earlier this year)
twinkie was huge but exaggerated,yes she was likely the heaviest retic but she was far from 23ft and 350lbs,jimmy definitely knows of twinkie,prony was right up there with twinkie tbh but prony was longer,sadly she died in 2013 at 17 years old whereas poor old twinkie died at 11 years
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 AM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr3d View Post
ok gotcha, thought that guy had to much hair to be you

Tell me something steve, with tiny being as big as she is, can she still move fast E.G striking as say a smaller 10 footer can or is everything done a lot more calculated..?
tiny still strikes hard and fast but she's not as mobile as a little one although she does climb with ease tbh
Demonique and Dr3d like this.
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2014, 12:12 PM
steve d's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 11,783
Default another 100kg+ example,this is a male though

Uromastyxman, Dr3d and ocd like this.
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Dr3d's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Walsall Area
Posts: 8,186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve d View Post

That's a huge male
Demonique and steve d like this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
It's not the falling that'll kill you. It's the sudden stop when you hit the floor.

ASK THE POWERFUL 5 QUESTIONS:
What power have you got?
Where did you get it from?
In whose interests do you exercise it?
To whom are you accountable?
How do we get rid of you?"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
big , burms , large , retics , weight

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the heaviest corn hatchling...... Pauline Snakes 9 10-07-2012 09:09 PM
your heaviest crested gecko weight? jenjen01 Lizards 17 24-02-2012 04:23 PM
Who has the heaviest....... opakg Snakes 10 30-11-2011 06:03 PM
Longest / heaviest snake on RFUK ???? volly Snakes 11 26-03-2011 02:40 AM
Biggest/heaviest Crestie. Fordyl2k Lizards 22 25-03-2011 10:18 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)