Reptile Forums banner

Time for your Snakes

2K views 30 replies 26 participants last post by  mel2334 
#1 ·
Here's a question......how often do you guys handle your Snakes?

I have recently seen quite a few people on pre-loved selling there Snakes as they "no longer have time for them". I am assuming for many this may just be an excuse to get rid!

Due to work and home commitments I struggle to find time to handle my Snakes often.....don't get me wrong they get tip top care and one thing I love about Snakes is the fact they don't require the same attention a dog/cat or even a rabbit would need.

But it seems some people think if they don't handle there Snake on a nightly basis.....thats it they need to be sold to someone can.

#31 ·
couple of times a week, I handled the hatchlings I got more as they were obviously a tad more skitty so felt a bit more TLC was required, they both come up to the door now to come out when see me, think may have made a rod for own back there!

I don't understand the time thing, but then again as said above if time is stopping you cleaning them out, taking care of them, etc then of course it's responsible to find them a home where they'll get that care, there's more to do with time than just the handling, I'd say handling is a very minimum part of the time spent on snakes :)

I love my corns, they're with me for good, their costs are minimal, they don't chew things, crap on owt, nick me chocolate...unlike the 4 whippets got :Na_Na_Na_Na:

even my OH, who was very cringy and omg snakes when got the first two loves them now, in fact with recent two he was first in to hold one! :lol2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.