Reptile Forums banner

White liquid came out of snake?

8K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  FishForLife2001 
#1 ·
Hi all

Any idea what this was? It was sticky and a small amount came out.

and be quiet you dirty minded lot :p

See less See more
#5 ·
Corn. Male. Previous owners said he is 2 but at 4.7 feet I would think a bit more.

#27 ·
thats exactly who i thought of mate...

Seaman Stains :lol2:

Captain Pugwash was brilliant :2thumb:

to the op
it looks like your snake luff's you,in it's own special way pal

cheers shaun:2thumb::mrgreen:

Reactions: Demonique
#18 ·
Because spring time is mating season and your snakey wants a woman snake and because he cant have one he done what hes done :blush: its awkward typing this to someone so young but you get the idea hopefully lol

Reactions: Demonique
#24 ·
It only seems to be the corn that likes to leave a deposit of this nature on my arm. The royals though in breeding mode have never done this. I am however keeping my fingers crossed that the boa we bought as female, who is now near on 7ft, has not been wrongly sexed. Perish the thought of a deposit from that on my arm.

#25 · (Edited)
FishForLife, I'm sure you know this but just in case, expect him to go off his food too in the breeding period, some of my males will go up to three months without a meal. This is totally normal.
Just to "help" further, some eat almost as normal :whistling2: You just never know. I think younger snakes in general "tend" to feed at least sporadically, but again this is down to the individual. This may save you another thread in a couple of weeks along the line of "My snake won't eat!" This is where feeding records can help newer/younger keepers recognise the set periods in a snake's year. Once you get used to the patterns its up to you whether you bother keeping them after that. :2thumb:
Good luck.

#28 ·
I do have a notebook for the purposes of writing anything of importance that happens with him, such as feeding :) and yes I did know they can go off their food around this time, but that's because I opened a thread last week about him not eating and that's part of the reason people gave :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.