Old 18-05-2015, 05:50 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khonsu View Post

PS there are some complete ws on this forum
And proud.

Old 18-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Ultra Citizen

Just ask a light hearted question and the st hits the fan......talk about mine field
jtg likes this.
Old 18-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombjack View Post
Just ask a light hearted question and the st hits the fan......talk about mine field
And people wonder why this place has a bad rep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Super Regular
Send a message via Skype™ to rake

Always wondered why the other snake forums refered to this place as the "Dark side" d
scottishbluebird likes this.
Old 18-05-2015, 07:08 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_ferret View Post
And proud.
But he doesn't mean me.
Bombjack likes this.
Old 18-05-2015, 07:15 PM
No Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat91 View Post
But he doesn't mean me.
im the w***** on your shoulder.

and of course he doesnt mean you oh beautiful one, the snake section hasn't changed that much
Old 18-05-2015, 07:22 PM
RFUK Premium Membership

Surely how people describe the group of animals that they keep is up to them, using the word collection doesn't mean that peeps aren't looking after them properly and using the word pet doesn't mean that they are.

Now that probably means that Kat is going to dump me - but I am a man on my beliefs so. --- no wait a minute I am not - Kat and the other ladies are correct, everyone else can sod off

YOINK
Campbell89 and Bombjack like this.

Old 18-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Hatchling

Firstly, wow what world am I getting myself into?! Blimey, people. It's supposed to be a light-hearted, fun question, where people can just say how they manage to keep their numbers of reptiles limited to what they can manage.

I'm looking to get my first snake and I am always researching now, watching videos, and thinking about it. Maybe a little obsessed with it right now. Being an addict doesn't always mean getting what you're addicted to, just really wanting it. When I have a snake, I know that I will always be looking at other snakes and reptiles, really having to fight the urge to get anything else because I'm not in the situation where I would be able to.

As for collection, I don't see the word referring to just inanimate objects and not offensive at all. If you keep a variety of species (be it fish, birds, reptiles etc), then it is a collection of them.

Then there's the word 'pet'. The dictionary definition of this word is 'a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure and treated with care and affection'. Whilst not domesticated, are they not somewhat tamed when they grow accustomed to being handled, not afraid of us? Do we not keep them for pleasure or for our enjoyment? And finally, do we not treat them with care and affection? Not affection like we would have for a dog or a cat, but wanting them to thrive rather than be okay?

I'm just saying, the word 'pet' is not any sort of insult. The word 'collection' isn't either, just a way of explaining you keep several species of one animal. Whilst 'addiction' is generally seen as a bad word, I have only ever seen it used in jest amongst owners of animals.
scottishbluebird likes this.
Old 18-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh221 View Post
Firstly, wow what world am I getting myself into?! Blimey, people. It's supposed to be a light-hearted, fun question, where people can just say how they manage to keep their numbers of reptiles limited to what they can manage.

I'm looking to get my first snake and I am always researching now, watching videos, and thinking about it. Maybe a little obsessed with it right now. Being an addict doesn't always mean getting what you're addicted to, just really wanting it. When I have a snake, I know that I will always be looking at other snakes and reptiles, really having to fight the urge to get anything else because I'm not in the situation where I would be able to.

As for collection, I don't see the word referring to just inanimate objects and not offensive at all. If you keep a variety of species (be it fish, birds, reptiles etc), then it is a collection of them.

Then there's the word 'pet'. The dictionary definition of this word is 'a domestic or tamed animal kept for companionship or pleasure and treated with care and affection'. Whilst not domesticated, are they not somewhat tamed when they grow accustomed to being handled, not afraid of us? Do we not keep them for pleasure or for our enjoyment? And finally, do we not treat them with care and affection? Not affection like we would have for a dog or a cat, but wanting them to thrive rather than be okay?

I'm just saying, the word 'pet' is not any sort of insult. The word 'collection' isn't either, just a way of explaining you keep several species of one animal. Whilst 'addiction' is generally seen as a bad word, I have only ever seen it used in jest amongst owners of animals.
By the time you're a hatchling you'll be throwing insults,taking every post seriously and spending hours at your laptop/pc/phone in pointless back and forth arguments
rake, Retic84 and Badgerroy like this.
Old 18-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Hatchling

I'm not the sort to insult anyone (thankfully I at least have some restraint), and I have a sense of humour.

But god help me, I need more restraint with this sort of thing

Every online community has so much drama! Everyone here, take it from a newbie: just chill out!
rake and scottishbluebird like this.

Tags
and i cannot lie , i like big butts , snake collections