Reptile Forums banner

Burm (albino) x Ball (mojave)

Tags
snake
5K views 36 replies 24 participants last post by  SnakeLover89 
#1 ·
Hi guys Good Day! I'm from Philippines and it really is a pleasure to be a member of this forum, and I just registered my account today. This is our first post, and I would like to share out to you guys our babies. :)

Female albino burm x Male mojave ball python :2thumb:

Day 54

Day 57

Day 60

They are now 1 month old

Thank you! and sorry for the long post. have a blessed day everyone! : victory:

See less See more
#8 ·
Thank you guys! Actually this is our first attempt though we havent seen them locked together but he's the only male (mojave) that has been with her (alburm). I let them stay together for a month (actually, i was just trying my luck)..They are supposed to be 16 eggs unfortunately 6 of them went bad :(

I will post be posting pics of them from time to time:2thumb:

#9 ·
Whilst they are really nice looking snakes, I've always think that two species that would never encounter each other in the wild should never be bred together. It's taking the designer snake to a hole new level. The story goes that the original burmball came as a result of an accidental pairing... but to actively breed morph burmballs I just think is one step too far. Sorry, just my opinion, and I know that hybrids occur naturally, but that is with two species can be found native to the same area.

#12 ·
There are so many existing snakes that look awesome, so WTH would you want to breed a burmese with a ball python??? They're from opposite parts of the world... Really don't like this !!!

#17 ·
How can a snake make a boat or plane.. it couldn't hold a hammer :whistling2: :gasp:

Seriously, human interbreeding between different races was bound to happen given the human drive to explore and conquest. But breeding two animals that would never in their natural lives come into contact with each other is just wrong, regardles show stunning the off-spring is.

#20 ·
That's a tricky one and each to their own on this topic. If it was an angolan to royal would it be an issue? Same continent and countries or royal/angolan to afrock?

I can see both sides if the coin here but like someone said earlier we have advantages of planes and boats which is down to intelligence etc I know but would I have met my girlfriend now if her grandad hadn't got on a boat from Thailand 60 years ago if they didn't exist?

It was bound to happen at some point. Breeding ethics is a big issue here.

#23 ·
Normally I am anti hybrids but there is the point here that nobody is going to mistake these for any pure species, so it will not be possible for them to be bred into the general captive population of either parent species without people knowing. On that basis I don't have a problem with them. Burmballs also appear to have fertility issues in the F1 generation, again reducing any possibility of gene mixing into captive populations. Given all of that, and also having met a burmball in the flesh, I would say enjoy these little (at the moment anyway) beauties for the stunning animals that they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.