Buying off people you don't know beware!! - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 12-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herper147 View Post
That is a real pet peeve of mine, I can't stand people that post ads but are too lazy to post a pic of the animal they are selling and it has led me into some bad deals where animals were not as described. Also like you said people who complain about timewasters or pic hunters just give off a horrible vibe that I tend to stay away from as they are usually not the nicest folk to be dealing with
..... To be honest if I want snake pix I'm gonna use Google to get them not PM some Herbert on a forum
Boris100 likes this.

Old 12-11-2015, 10:16 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
..... To be honest if I want snake pix I'm gonna use Google to get them not PM some Herbert on a forum
I want pics more so I can judge the health, I had a guy a few years back try to sell me a pair of adult BRBs. When he showed up it was two boas that must have been about a year old and severely dehydrated and caked in stuck shed. He honestly didn't see the problem and a PIC would have solved all of it before it wasted both our times. I still took the boas but refused to pay more than just a rehome fee until I got them back to full health and gave them to a friend.

Some people seem to think a bit of stuck shed or a small burn is normal but I want to see it before agreeing to meet or buy as I don't want an unhealthy animal.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Hatchling

Why did Cold Blooded agree to courier the snakes if he knew they were ill and covered in mites?
I've used them before both to collect and drop off snakes and when collecting from me, he's always checked the snake before it went onto the van. I assumed that if he felt the snake was ill or covered in mites, he would refuse to take it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper View Post
Why did Cold Blooded agree to courier the snakes if he knew they were ill and covered in mites?
I've used them before both to collect and drop off snakes and when collecting from me, he's always checked the snake before it went onto the van. I assumed that if he felt the snake was ill or covered in mites, he would refuse to take it?
He has apologised for not checking properly, it's not the first time he has done deliveries for him and it's always been fine so he had a quick look and at first all seemed ok. When he stopped for his break he decided to have another look as he is a boa fan himself and noticed everything. He then rang him and explained what was up and the seller just went on how it's not his fault it must be the courier did it himself. I don't think he'll be getting anymore deliveries done by him.
I had already paid up front for the snake so if he'd refused to take where would that of left me apart from £150 lighter and not even a snake with mites
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Old 12-11-2015, 10:47 PM
Forum Citizen

And more to the pint I'm glad he did bring to me rather than it spend anymore time there
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Old 12-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Super Regular

I was the courier..... collected them 1st thing in morning and a quick look over , with there being multiples in each box they were kinda intertwined 2hrs later I looked closer in better light and actually messaged the seller (so I had proof) telling him about multiple issues , 1st only 2 mites seen but I segregated and 24hrs later they were covered, I'm shocked I was left to inform the buyer but this hobby is getting worse and worse I am totally discusted and will not be collecting from said seller ever again!! I hope that spray I gave the boa upon delivery helps towards mite issues and I have my fingers crossed for the boa and I hope you to get this sorted by seller ......
Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Super Regular

Poor little baby!

I hope he doesn't have an RI and wish every mite on him a swift death! I want to get a common boa and I have seen loads of lovely looking babies facebook groups but I am just so nervous about buying a snake I can't see for myself.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbargent View Post
I was the courier..... collected them 1st thing in morning and a quick look over , with there being multiples in each box they were kinda intertwined 2hrs later I looked closer in better light and actually messaged the seller (so I had proof) telling him about multiple issues , 1st only 2 mites seen but I segregated and 24hrs later they were covered, I'm shocked I was left to inform the buyer but this hobby is getting worse and worse I am totally discusted and will not be collecting from said seller ever again!! I hope that spray I gave the boa upon delivery helps towards mite issues and I have my fingers crossed for the boa and I hope you to get this sorted by seller ......
Thanks very much for all your help and advice mate. For me the courier is just that, your not a vet and I don't expect you diagnose medical problems I am paying for a point a to b drop. I pay the seller for a healthy animal.
scottishbluebird likes this.
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Regular

Haha so he is saying in the couple of hours between collecting and me re checking coz i had a niggly feeling the sll miraculously come down with instant mites nose rub and RI haha OK good job i have proof of collection time and time i facebooked him ;-) ill give him a bell tomo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2015, 11:30 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
Poor little baby!

I hope he doesn't have an RI and wish every mite on him a swift death! I want to get a common boa and I have seen loads of lovely looking babies facebook groups but I am just so nervous about buying a snake I can't see for myself.
I hope it doesn't to, I sprayed the rub with callingtons as well when i put the boa in and she kind of yawned I it sound like a bubbling when she did, but left alone for awhile she has pirked up and I've seen nothing more than mites to make me me worried but she's in quarantine for a while now.
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc