Buying off people you don't know beware!! - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herper147 View Post
That is a real pet peeve of mine, I can't stand people that post ads but are too lazy to post a pic of the animal they are selling and it has led me into some bad deals where animals were not as described. Also like you said people who complain about timewasters or pic hunters just give off a horrible vibe that I tend to stay away from as they are usually not the nicest folk to be dealing with
..... To be honest if I want snake pix I'm gonna use Google to get them not PM some Herbert on a forum
Boris100 likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:16 PM
herper147's Avatar
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ashford KENT
Posts: 6,532
Reviews: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
..... To be honest if I want snake pix I'm gonna use Google to get them not PM some Herbert on a forum
I want pics more so I can judge the health, I had a guy a few years back try to sell me a pair of adult BRBs. When he showed up it was two boas that must have been about a year old and severely dehydrated and caked in stuck shed. He honestly didn't see the problem and a PIC would have solved all of it before it wasted both our times. I still took the boas but refused to pay more than just a rehome fee until I got them back to full health and gave them to a friend.

Some people seem to think a bit of stuck shed or a small burn is normal but I want to see it before agreeing to meet or buy as I don't want an unhealthy animal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:26 PM
Hatchling
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 44
Default

Why did Cold Blooded agree to courier the snakes if he knew they were ill and covered in mites?
I've used them before both to collect and drop off snakes and when collecting from me, he's always checked the snake before it went onto the van. I assumed that if he felt the snake was ill or covered in mites, he would refuse to take it?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:38 PM
stolensocks01's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdipper View Post
Why did Cold Blooded agree to courier the snakes if he knew they were ill and covered in mites?
I've used them before both to collect and drop off snakes and when collecting from me, he's always checked the snake before it went onto the van. I assumed that if he felt the snake was ill or covered in mites, he would refuse to take it?
He has apologised for not checking properly, it's not the first time he has done deliveries for him and it's always been fine so he had a quick look and at first all seemed ok. When he stopped for his break he decided to have another look as he is a boa fan himself and noticed everything. He then rang him and explained what was up and the seller just went on how it's not his fault it must be the courier did it himself. I don't think he'll be getting anymore deliveries done by him.
I had already paid up front for the snake so if he'd refused to take where would that of left me apart from £150 lighter and not even a snake with mites
__________________
0.1.0 Dobermann
2.4.0 Miniature pinchers
1.0.0 Blue fronted amazon parrot
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:47 PM
stolensocks01's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 367
Default

And more to the pint I'm glad he did bring to me rather than it spend anymore time there
__________________
0.1.0 Dobermann
2.4.0 Miniature pinchers
1.0.0 Blue fronted amazon parrot
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 10:57 PM
Super Regular
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: hp21
Posts: 240
Default

I was the courier..... collected them 1st thing in morning and a quick look over , with there being multiples in each box they were kinda intertwined 2hrs later I looked closer in better light and actually messaged the seller (so I had proof) telling him about multiple issues , 1st only 2 mites seen but I segregated and 24hrs later they were covered, I'm shocked I was left to inform the buyer but this hobby is getting worse and worse I am totally discusted and will not be collecting from said seller ever again!! I hope that spray I gave the boa upon delivery helps towards mite issues and I have my fingers crossed for the boa and I hope you to get this sorted by seller ......
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Super Regular
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Birmingham, England, West Midlands.
Posts: 155
Default

Poor little baby!

I hope he doesn't have an RI and wish every mite on him a swift death! I want to get a common boa and I have seen loads of lovely looking babies facebook groups but I am just so nervous about buying a snake I can't see for myself.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 11:15 PM
stolensocks01's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbargent View Post
I was the courier..... collected them 1st thing in morning and a quick look over , with there being multiples in each box they were kinda intertwined 2hrs later I looked closer in better light and actually messaged the seller (so I had proof) telling him about multiple issues , 1st only 2 mites seen but I segregated and 24hrs later they were covered, I'm shocked I was left to inform the buyer but this hobby is getting worse and worse I am totally discusted and will not be collecting from said seller ever again!! I hope that spray I gave the boa upon delivery helps towards mite issues and I have my fingers crossed for the boa and I hope you to get this sorted by seller ......
Thanks very much for all your help and advice mate. For me the courier is just that, your not a vet and I don't expect you diagnose medical problems I am paying for a point a to b drop. I pay the seller for a healthy animal.
scottishbluebird likes this.
__________________
0.1.0 Dobermann
2.4.0 Miniature pinchers
1.0.0 Blue fronted amazon parrot
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Regular
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: hp21
Posts: 240
Default

Haha so he is saying in the couple of hours between collecting and me re checking coz i had a niggly feeling the sll miraculously come down with instant mites nose rub and RI haha OK good job i have proof of collection time and time i facebooked him ;-) ill give him a bell tomo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2015, 11:30 PM
stolensocks01's Avatar
Forum Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
Poor little baby!

I hope he doesn't have an RI and wish every mite on him a swift death! I want to get a common boa and I have seen loads of lovely looking babies facebook groups but I am just so nervous about buying a snake I can't see for myself.
I hope it doesn't to, I sprayed the rub with callingtons as well when i put the boa in and she kind of yawned I it sound like a bubbling when she did, but left alone for awhile she has pirked up and I've seen nothing more than mites to make me me worried but she's in quarantine for a while now.
__________________
0.1.0 Dobermann
2.4.0 Miniature pinchers
1.0.0 Blue fronted amazon parrot
0.1.0 Oriental cat
1.1.0 Royal
1.2.0 Bci
1.0.0 Bcc
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware of buying off Ebay!! micky0 Shelled - Turtles & Tortoise 21 27-12-2013 08:25 PM
People beware of this seller Emma30 Classified Chat 11 06-05-2011 06:42 PM
beware of buying from..... tina b Classified Chat 9 10-11-2008 09:53 PM
people wanting to get rid of stuff time to beware??? Graylord General Herp Chat 0 05-10-2008 09:47 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)