Reptile Forums banner

Bredli Python UK

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dz75 
#1 ·
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone knows any good Bredli Python breeders who can ship in the UK?

If possible could anyone with experience with this snake just give me some general info on this species as i am really interested in getting one.

just general questions like whats the average length when fully grown (male and female) and whats the temperament like? i hear they start off on some occasions quite nippy at a young age but with daily handling and as they get older they get out of this stage? what size viv would you be looking at when fully grown also?

I have been keeping snakes now for 2 years and have 2 corns, and a BCI. I really want a bigger snake and a python so i think a Bredli Python would be a good choice for me?

I would really appreciate it if you reply and help me out :)

Thanks. Jack.

#4 ·
I would recommend Darren, DLV reptiles on here. I got mine from him. Bredli grow to 6-8 feet on average. Mine has a very good temperament except when he's in shed. Fantastic appetite. He's about 6 and a half feet now and I keep him in a 4x2x2 viv with a solid horizontal branch fixed in the viv. Bredli like climbing. He has a 100watt spot lamp with a Habistat Dimmer thermostat. Hot end about 33c, cool end 26. This is on a timer and switches off completely at night 9.30pm til 7am.

My bredli spends the entire day coiled up on his branch. As soon as the heating switches off at night he becomes very active, moving all over the viv for hours. He is only inactive for a few days after feeding and when in shed. I am really happy with him. He's beautiful and easy to handle.

#6 ·
I have three Bredl's pythons, and for me they're the best snake out there.

I don't know where you're based, but if you're anywhere near Bridgwater, Somerset, there's a aquarium/reptile shop called Watermarque. They had a couple for sale very recently and I imagine they're still there. One of them is quite a looker as well.

Paul Harris has not bred his bredli for some time now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.