Reptile Forums banner

Find my royal

907 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  foreigner 
#1 ·
A friend of mine said that one of my vivs looked kinda open today, it was still closed so i just locked it, now a few hours later when i changed water dishes i noticed that my royal didnt spectate me while changing the water....
Opened and checked his hides, hes gone :bash:
So.... He might have been outside of his viv for 1.5 days now.

Searched my whole appartment, hes nowhere to be found :gasp:

Any tips?

#2 ·
1. Keep all the doors of your rooms closed at all times, on entering & leaving each room- that will restrict the snake's movements through your home.
2. Check behind all cupboards & chest of drawers that can be moved away from the wall.
3. Also look underneath any of the above if they have a gap at the bottom of the back.
4. Look inside drawers- if there is any access to these, it'll crawl inside.
5. Sprinkle talc or flour on the floor of the room where you keep the snake, & look for disturbances in the powder the following day.
6. Repeat the above in other rooms if unsuccessful in the first case.
7. if the snake is in feeding mode, try leaving food in each room overnight.

#4 ·
when mine went missing i put a layer of talc across the door posts as you walk into every room and i caught him by following the powder trail hes slithering left its messy but it was effective for me =] at least if you get an idea of the room hes in even, you have a better chance of finding him =]

#8 ·
Found him!!! :flrt:

But now to the problem, how do i get a snake out of a subwoofer? :lol2:

Just came home from work and took a quick roundcheck and pretty much found him instantly, i had my thoughts that he could be in the subwoofer in my bedroom but i have no x-ray vision.
Now when i walked around with my flashlight i saw his head stick out a tiny bit.

#14 ·
I got him a rat 1.5 metre away from the subwoofer, so he had to get it himself, when his whole body was out of the subwoofer i just grabbed him and put him in his viv, then came with the rat as a reward :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.