Reptile Forums banner

Corn Snake regurgitated

605 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  lee anderson 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to keeping snakes. I bought a young female Amel corn from a reptile shop just under 3 months ago. She is around 6-7 months old. She has never refused a feed, sheds well and is fed on large pinkies, one every Friday. She has no problem eating the large pinkies. Today she regurgitated, 5 days after I fed her. I didn't handle her until yesterday afternoon, which was 4 days after feed, and she was fine. I had her out about an hour ago and she pooped normally. But when I put her back in she regurgitated her food. This is the first time she's done this, it didn't even smell, but now she's acting normal and looking for more food. Her temps are 31c warm end and 24c cool end and she has two hides, one at either end.

I was thinking maybe the large pinkie every week might be too much for her to handle and maybe I should feed every two weeks? Any advice on the matter will be appreciated. I'd never seen a snake do this before so I got quite a shock when I saw her do this! :)

#5 ·
A young colubrid should need to eat more than every 2 weeks so i would keep up your schedule. Maybe even slightly bigger meals. I'm a big advocate of not overfeeding snakes but i think she could eat a little more.

It's odd she regurgitated 5 days after eating and post defecating.

Definitely give her time off and i would give her only a small pinky this meal and make sure she keeps it down and has defecated before she takes another.

#7 ·
Sorry yes your right I must have miss read or thinking of another thread were they had owned a snake a few months but it was a 3 or 4 year old animal sorry about that hope she starts eating soon

Also have you tried worming the pinkie a bit hold it in your hand a few min as they don't take long to worm up or worm water but they don't take long to cool eather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.