Reptile Forums banner

Is my corn stupid?

Tags
corn feeding
749 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  SnakeLover89 
#1 ·
Every time I have fed one of my corn snakes for the last 6 months (since i got him), I have left his dinner at bed time and it has been gone in the morning (kind of reminds me of Jurrassic Park). This morning I checked on him and he still seemed to be stalking it. After the school run he was still snifing around it an started backing away when he saw me. I decided to get the tongs and move the lifeless mouse around for a second and BANG! All over it in a flash, he was so quick I nearly had an accident.

Is he stupid or just bored by lifeless dinners?

#2 ·
all snakes are different. some wont wont strike feed, some will, some change it up a bit.
he may have been backing off a bit as he was in feeding mode and snakes a re generally vulnerable when feeding and shedding. wouldnt say its stupid

maybe the food wasnt too his liking for some reason. at the end of the day he ate, job done, all good :)

#7 ·
awww he's not stupid :lol2:

As another poster said all snakes are different.... my 2 boas and king snake will only eat if I dangle the rat/mouse where as my royal, she'll only eat it if I leave it on the floor for her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.