Reptile Forums banner

Is this what pre shed looks like.

904 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Zincubus 
#1 ·
Okay so I'm pretty sure I know what is going on but I thought it best to be doubly sure on the matter by asking on here.

I fed my Boa on Sunday his first weaner rat. It was pretty large maybe 3.5" long but still slightly narrower than his body. Since then he has been in his hot hide so I decided to check on him today and saw his eyes are pretty cloudy.

I've included a photo so you guys can tell me if I'm right in saying that he is in pre shed

many Thanks.

See less See more
#11 ·
Okay well I'm away this weekend anyway so when I get home I'll check in on him and it he has shed I'll offer him some food.

It's all pretty alien to me haha! The only animals I've had previously which shed are my tarantulas. And I tend not to feed them for a few weeks afterwards.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I got back this evening. He still has not shed but his eyes have cleared up now. I left him a small rat at the cool end of his viv to see if he was interested, which he was. Made his way down from the hot end and after a bit of sizing the rat up he eat it. Hope fully he will shed in the next day or so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.