Reptile Forums banner

Got To Love Electricity Companies! Ughh!

536 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Paul F 
#1 ·
Not going to mention company names but my parents recently changed from one supplier to another recently and keeping 5 snakes and getting a 6th tomorrow I've always given them money to pay for their electric consumption even though heat mats don't take much. :2thumb:

Anyway, I run 3, 15 watt mats and 2, 7 watt matts and all with stats. Worked out roughly £12 a month....

But of course supplier dictating and saying there exact words today "keeping snakes will give you a HUGE electricity bill" and how I could run into financial problems in the future.... yeah.... :lol2:

They either can't do their math properly or just talking bull to try get extra money out of you. I could understand if I was running multiple bulbs at 100w 24/7 none stop but I'm not :lol2:

#2 ·
Why does the supplier know you are keeping snakes?
I have never been asked ANY questions on electricity usage by any supplier in over 30 years! So long as you pay the bill they simply do not care how you use it. And you definitely don't need to tell them.

Maybe its your parents that are getting a bit fed up with your growing collection? :whistling2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.