Reptile Forums banner

5 month old royal weight

302 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  markieboyle 
#1 ·
I should probably start by saying this isn't another royal not eating post its the opposite lol my hatchlings were born between the 25/9/15 and 28/9/15 they all pipped within a day of each other just some took longer to fully come out of the egg any hows i came across a post erlier where people were saying that there 5/6 month old royals were up over 300grams now my smallest male is 107 grams he was a really slow starter but is feeding like a champ now and the others range from 160 to the biggest being 193 grams they feed on a rat fuz weekly so how come they are so small compared to others should i up there food size i have always gon by the food weighing about 10/15% of the snakes weight but they seem smaller than others have said

All advice appreciated

#2 ·
All snakes will grow at different rates.
I've got some male childrens pythons who are much larger than my females.

It genetics.
Some get larger quicker through feeding more frequent or larger prey iteams but there is no race.
Some feed prey 1-1.5 the widest part of the snake, some do like yourself and follow a weight scale.

Some snakes have a quicker metabolism some have a slower one.

ny personal opinion is don't copy other owners point for point, I've some small females and some larger, all born the same day.

Each snake is different, just feed what is adequate and just enjoy feeding them, it's one of my favourite days of the week. : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.