Reptile Forums banner

California king help!!!!

Tags
snake help
2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  JMM 
#1 ·
Hi today I just got my first snake she's a 4year old California king I've had her out she was really friendly and previous owner said she has always been well handled tho tonight I we t to lift her and she was jumpy and rattling her tail I also think if I had of put my hand in she would of bitten me .....I messaged previous owned and he said she had never done that before ..anyone any advice???

#6 ·
rub the scent of a dead mouse on your hands then wiggle your index finger in front of its face - always works

#12 ·
When i saw a king in a shop i handled her and had no problems whatsoever. Once i got her home, and after a settling in period, she started to tail rattle and look like she would go for me if i went close enough. I hooked her out to begin with then she musked on me. She never bit me though. This continued for about a month before she was comfortable enough to get back to her previous calm self and has stayed the same since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.