Reasons for breeding snakes? - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 15-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Ultra Citizen

I think 10 years ago to the general public, reptile keeping was a taboo hobby - granted it has become more and more widespread which is the point I was making.

Absolutely, failure to adapt to changing technology (regardless of which industry you are in) will surely lead to a company struggling to complete in the market - my point was if there was a limited market in the first place some of the manufacturers may have decided against investing in said technology and research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
You may have a point. During the mid 90's to mid 00's reptiles became the largest and fastest growing sector of the pet trade. It's slowed considerably over the past decade but I wouldn't class keeping them as a taboo.

I think its more of a case that the handful of long term manufactures of reptile equipment have just moved with the times as components became cheaper and more readily available. From microcontrollers to graphic displays, these are now manufactured in such numbers that they are now used in controllers and thermostats. If Microclimate etc continued to used old designs rather then moving with the times, then they would simply get left behind.
-----------------------------------------------------------
European Studbook Foundation
www.studbooks.eu
UK Coordinator & Studbook keeper for the Smaug giganteus & Ouroborus cataphractus

CAVEAT: any opinions expressed are my own and based on my own experiences and observations - whether you agree or disagree with them is up to you!!

IMPORTANT: if the health of your animal is giving you cause for concern, absolutely seek a second opinion from fellow forum members - your first opinion however should be that of a suitably qualified veterinarian!!

EXPECTED 2019: SNAKES: Angolan, Sumatran and Royal Pythons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
breeding