Viv set up - normal royal python - humidity, CHE, heat mat, stressed, not eating - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Snakes

Old 21-01-2018, 07:18 PM
Hatchling

Thanks Malc and Purgatory, very useful tips.

We bought her at Pets at home and they gave some papers with her, saying her birthday was 6th of December. She was tiny at first but we fed her regularly increasing the size of pray constantly. I even started to call her fatty. Lol
She stopped eating since we gave her first small rat, maybe she got scared of it

She is mostly in her cold hide.

I am keeping a diary with all her ‘dinners’ and measurements, will star a YouTube vlog when I get more experience, hopefully that will be helpful for others.

Thanks all
Purgatory likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Hatchling

My snake just eaten a chick! Didn***8217;t eat the weaner though. Had to leave her in a box with a weaner and a chick for a while all covered and finally she had a small meal. Hope she will eat next week. Shop that I bought chicks said not to feed her chicks or gerbils more than once per month as they are not as healthy and store more fat around heart and other organs... probably would be good to get some chicks smell on a weaner.
Thought just let you know
Old 16-02-2018, 09:38 PM
Premier Member

congrats on the successful feed, its hard to beat feeling of relief

this isn't true day old chicks are lower in fat and higher in protein than an adult rat (this holds true for the smaller rat sizes).

rgds
ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata View Post
My snake just eaten a chick! Didn***8217;t eat the weaner though. Had to leave her in a box with a weaner and a chick for a while all covered and finally she had a small meal. Hope she will eat next week. Shop that I bought chicks said not to feed her chicks or gerbils more than once per month as they are not as healthy and store more fat around heart and other organs... probably would be good to get some chicks smell on a weaner.
Thought just let you know
Renata likes this.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-2018, 01:11 PM
Hatchling
Default Update

Quick update - my BP still didn't eat until recently when we tried to give her a mouse, which is very small compared to her but thought to try everything and she snapped it like crazy. Had to quickly defrost a few more. She is now constantly looking for food. So on last feed defrosted 1 XL mouse and 2 small weaner rats thinking this must be due to size however she wasn't interested in rat at all (both very similar size) but mouse again she never been this quick to strike. So looks like from now on will be mouse only... have to feed 4 x XL mouse at a time! she is now 1.25 kgs. But happy she is full.

Tags
ball python , che ceramic viv heater , not eating , royal python , viv set up