Reptile Forums banner

Royal Problem :(

678 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Dextersdad 
#1 ·
I got a female royal (whos about a year old)off a friend about 3-4 weeks ago because he frankly coldnt be arsed to look after her any more and i knew he'd give her to someone who didnt kno a snake from a teabag and i didnt want that, shes a lovely girl, i found out shortly after i got her that he'd been feeding her pretty much soley on chicks because apprently she woouldnt take anything else, i wasnt going to feed her on chicks because i assumed they are a treat rather than a proper food so i offered a few small mice which she took, she had pooed shortly after i got her so i know this is a recently problem but since her last feed which as just over a week ago she hasnt pooed and its really concerned me that me giving her the mouse after so many chicks has bunged her up :( iv given her a warm bath today, shes shed fine a week after i got her aswell, im not sure why shes not pooing nothings changed except the fact her vivs moved from his house to mine and that i fed her some mice, any advice?

#6 ·
The change to a proper diet will have changed things too. Chicks can cause diarrhoea which is why some people give them if they think a snake is "bunged up"

#8 ·
I personally wouldnt feed any of my snakes a chick just incase they wouldnt go back on to mice/rats again, its hard enough getting them to eat at times!!
As for the poohing dont worry, all snakes are different, my Royal goes about every 4/8 weeks were as my Milk and Hoggie go about 2/3 days after a feed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.